The Mohair roof thread

Started by Mike G, December 7, 2014, 19:59

norwichred

Really excited as we're headed down to Swansea this weekend and having a new red roof fitted to our silver 2.  Didn't know he did seats - will speak to him whilst we're there.

mtgraphics

Had my roof done there yesterday, great job, looks lovely, (red car, black roof) I will get some photos taken and posted up over the weekend.

I recommend The Westborne pub down the road for lunch   s:) :) s:)  , very nice.
[centre][/centre]2000 Chilli Red + Black Mohair

norwichred

Cheers!  We'll check it out!

X21dac

Handy link. I keeps seeing swansea on the roc fb group. Seems to be the choice for us 2 owners.
Black 2zz 6 speed sleeper - Lotus Elise exhaust system - K&N Typhoon induction - T-sport rims

X21dac

Im thinking red roof on my black. Any thoughts on that or even pictures of a black with a red roof?
Black 2zz 6 speed sleeper - Lotus Elise exhaust system - K&N Typhoon induction - T-sport rims

Facelift Surgeon

They all look great, nice to know there is a reasonable option for when mine goes eventually.

norwichred

Got ours done today.  Jesus - it was difficult to find!  Roof is lovely, and so is the gentleman who did it albeit with some rather, errrrr, interesting political views.  Lucky my Hungarian partner is understanding  s:D :D s:D

On a road trip the rest of the week but will post a pic at the weekend.

norwichred

MisterK

Looks very nice.  Two silvers with red roofs in the club now.  Is this the new trend?   s:D :D s:D
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

norwichred

Must be someone else here with a "other half" who tells them which colour roof they have to get  s:D :D s:D

andyroo104

Quote from: "MisterK"Looks very nice.  Two silvers with red roofs in the club now.  Is this the new trend?   s:D :D s:D
There are three silvers with red roofs in the club.  :-) :-) :-)
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

MisterK

Hellfire.....they're breeding.!!!!!
MARK K - Original Owner/ \'Best In Class\' winner, \'Show n Shine\', MR2DC National Event 2017.

CMH

I have one as well, done by Jack of Swansea.
Trying to keep a 2002 pre-facelift MR2 Mk3 on the road...in every sense.

mtgraphics

Another one done in Swansea, great job,

surely black and red is best!!!!!!!!!, isn't it?

[centre][/centre]2000 Chilli Red + Black Mohair

d-peg

Another Jack R Smiths £290 roof jobbie!

Dropped off at 9am and wandered back for brekkie at the Premier Inn Central (highly recommended). Wandered back at 2pm to collect and an amazing job was done, ready to go  s:D :D s:D

Logan

My new 2 has a Swansea mohair too, lovely quality material and the fit looks oem.

graham read

Any ideas what coloured roof goes with sable and red leather seats,how many colours does JACK do??

Treboeth

Red editon = red roof   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Give them a ring they can tell you which colours better than we can.

Topdownman

For me its definitely a red roof on a sable, in fact just put my money where my mouth is and booked mine in for one yesterday at swansea.

(He is booked up to the beginning of august now).
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

graham read

Anbody got a sable with a red roof,would love to see before buying,its like changing your own hair to ginger,nothing wrong with ginger but doesn't suite every body.

The Other Stu

Is anyone having their roof done anytime soon?

I'm going to phone them hopefully next week and get mine booked in September after holibobs.

However, for now, I am after an ears strap.
http://www.mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=58929

There is one on ebay for £11 delivered, however, if a club member would like to relieve themselves of theirs, I'll happily buy it. If you live local, I'll pop round.
No Longer Here

exiles

Quote from: "graham read"Anbody got a sable with a red roof,would love to see before buying,its like changing your own hair to ginger,nothing wrong with ginger but doesn't suite every body.

redcarblackhorse

Hi - for getting the roof done in Swansea - I see it costs about £290 but how long does he need? I read that people need to book an over night stay - so I am guessing he needs the car more than a day? Is that weekdays only? Need to plan this as I see he is booked till after August now (a good sign):-)
Thanks
1999 MR-S with a few tweaks!
Circuit de catalunya
24 Heures du Mans
Thruxton
Abingdon Track day

Topdownman

I think he needs it from approx 9 to 2. People stay the night before.

Best to ring him with your questions though and book your slot!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

tricky1138

I arrived at his garage at 0830 and was away by 1300.

Overnight stay is only because I was so far away!
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

Tags: