fitting non toyota seats

Started by wotugonado, January 31, 2015, 01:24

wotugonado

Whats needed to fit a non toyota seat into the mr2. Seen some nice tt seat's and was wondering if theyd fit size wise, how to bolt them on ? Anyone have any experience of fitting other manufacturers seats or have any pointers ?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Anonymous

You would need to do one of the following

1) take a part an mr2 seat base and adapt it to fit the new seat
2) use the rogue mounts as a starting point
3) make something totally from scratch

The mr2 has an unusual fixing pattern with one bolt on the teas motion tunnel so it won't be straight forward, some manufacturing will be required.

wotugonado

Do the original bases come apart easily enough or is there welding involved ?
Also do you have to do anything about the electrical side of things like the passenger/driver seatbelt  warning light  ?

Anonymous

They come apart to a basic frame fairly easily, but mounting new seats on top of the, may involve some welding or cutting / bolting etc. there are a lot of variables.

My main concern would be height of the finished seat, which is why I gave up trying to use a modified standard seat base

wotugonado

m http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/ ... U/$_35.JPG m

Its these ones,  very tempted what do you reckon could they be a goer ?

Anonymous

They are really nice seats! They could be made to fit given enough time and effort, it's really hard to say without measuring etc.

Davegtst

Honda s2000 seats fit with minor modifications.  You can even get ones with speakers in the headrests.

wotugonado

Ive looked at the s2000 seats, and theyre quite nice. Ideally though im looking for something in two tone leather to match the rest
of my interior. May look at having a partial retrim of the existing seats and weigh up the costs.

Tags: