stereo face plate

Started by Anonymous, July 23, 2003, 22:16

Anonymous

any body know where i can get the dummy front plastic plate that goes on the double DIN sony stereo (original toyota), which make it looks like two storage trays.

or any 1 knows the part no: as the guy at the dealer cant find it on his parts list.

or any one who has changed their head unit willing to sell theirs to me

thanks

Anonymous

Anonymous

This is the one I have just purchased on Ebay...soon as I get it I will get the p/n for ya.

markiii

not the same thing old chap.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

yeap as mark just said not the same thing, the thing i'm looking 4 is just a cover that goes on top of the stero to hide it because the original double Din unit's face could not be removed

Anonymous

dont think anyone makes anything like that im afriad   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

markiii

must have a toyota part number, I'm in for a service soon so I'll harass them for you.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

SteveJ

Just found my cover, and there is no Toyota P/N on it - just a SONY logo on the inside. This makes me think Toyota won't have it on their books, but it's worth trying.

Anonymous

Quote from: "stevej"Just found my cover, and there is no Toyota P/N on it - just a SONY logo on the inside. This makes me think Toyota won't have it on their books, but it's worth trying.

so do u think its made by sony? and comes with headunit when toyota buys from sony?  s:( :( s:(

SteveJ

Quote from: "duongs"
Quote from: "stevej"Just found my cover, and there is no Toyota P/N on it - just a SONY logo on the inside. This makes me think Toyota won't have it on their books, but it's worth trying.

so do u think its made by sony? and comes with headunit when toyota buys from sony?  s:( :( s:(

It certainly looks that way, and without a part number on it, I think it will be almost impossible to obtain from Sony either.

dancarbon

I'll have to check but I may have a spare cover that you could adopt - our stereo was ripped out by some nice young gents and if I remember rightly a second cover came with the replacement stereo.

I'll have a hunt for it tonight.

DC
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Quote from: "dancarbon"I'll have to check but I may have a spare cover that you could adopt - our stereo was ripped out by some nice young gents and if I remember rightly a second cover came with the replacement stereo.

I'll have a hunt for it tonight.

DC

thanks

Anonymous

sony make the cover i and can be got by phoning them up at the Uk branch.

I thought you ment a new style of cover not a exact copy of the cover   s:? :? s:?

dancarbon

Sorry - Girlfriend logic:

"Couldn't see why we need 2 covers so I threw it out"
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

never mind i'll try sony tomorrow  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Anonymous

bloody 40 squids for some stupid plastic
is sony mad???

Anonymous

no there just sony!

to buy the headunit out of the car standard is nearly £400 and it's a pile of poo!   s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  

most of sony ICE is very overpriced but you do get good warrenty with the unit

Tags: