Stopping the beeping

Started by Superluminal, February 19, 2017, 22:07

Superluminal

I am slightly bemused at the sheer number of different beeps that my MR2 has - the only one I find really useful is headlights left on. Having read a number of threads (the most relevant is this one  l viewtopic.php?t=36495 l ) I am planning on trying stop the beeping.  In an ideal world I would get 2 or 3 beeps when I engage reverse, open the door with the keys in the ignition, or leave the lights on.  I am unsure if this specific mod has been done before.  Does anyone know if I can install one of these  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172268173706 m  so that it controls the beeper for all functions instead of just reverse?

swandez

Yeah mine drives me nuts especially the "This vehicle is reversing" bong lol

Topdownman

If you try the sellotape across the speaker mod first (or maybe some blu-tack pushed in?) then at least its reverse-able easily if you miss it or want to sell it and it doesnt take long to do.

The beep has helped me a few times going into reverse and instead of first!

I seem to remember a thread somewhere about some one wiring in something to stop it it after a few seconds but cant remember if it worked.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Superluminal

Think that that you are probably referring to the thread I linked to. I suppose I could try the sellotape trick, but I was hoping for a couple of loud beeps, just not continuous.

Topdownman

This is the thread I was thinking of;

l viewtopic.php?f=31&t=54025 l
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

gazza1286

Quote from: "Topdownman"This is the thread I was thinking of;

That works very well thank you ....   s:D :D s:D

Superluminal

Quote from: "gazza1286"
Quote from: "Topdownman"This is the thread I was thinking of;

That works very well thank you ....   s:D :D s:D

Sorry, that's the thread I meant to originally link to, but had a couple open at the same time with similar titles. Gazza, does this change the other beeps as well, or does it only effect reverse? If it doesn't, do you have any idea if it could be fitted in that manner? I've ordered a timer module anyway, but I'm cautious about messing around too much as I don't want to permanently screw up the useful 'lights left on' beeping.

gazza1286

The procedure only affects the reverse beep. No other warning tones are affected in any way.

Superluminal

Thanks, I'll have a look the options when the timer arrives.

Spruce1990

Quote from: Superluminal on February 19, 2017, 22:07
I am slightly bemused at the sheer number of different beeps that my MR2 has - the only one I find really useful is headlights left on. Having read a number of threads (the most relevant is this one  l viewtopic.php?t=36495 l ) I am planning on trying stop the beeping.  In an ideal world I would get 2 or 3 beeps when I engage reverse, open the door with the keys in the ignition, or leave the lights on.  I am unsure if this specific mod has been done before.  Does anyone know if I can install one of these  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172268173706 m  so that it controls the beeper for all functions instead of just reverse?

I realise this thread is very old, but I've just seen you have a 'lights left on' beep... but my MR2 doesn't. Does this mean its been removed from my car?

StuC

Quote from: Spruce1990 on May 13, 2018, 12:23
I am slightly bemused at the sheer number of different beeps that my MR2 has - the only one I find really useful is headlights left on. Having read a number of threads (the most relevant is this one  l viewtopic.php?t=36495 l ) I am planning on trying stop the beeping.  In an ideal world I would get 2 or 3 beeps when I engage reverse, open the door with the keys in the ignition, or leave the lights on.  I am unsure if this specific mod has been done before.  Does anyone know if I can install one of these  m http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172268173706 m  so that it controls the beeper for all functions instead of just reverse?

I realise this thread is very old, but I've just seen you have a 'lights left on' beep... but my MR2 doesn't. Does this mean its been removed from my car?

If you leave the key in the ignition, car turned off, and you open the door. You should also get a beep.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

M.J.S

Quote from: Spruce1990 on May 13, 2018, 12:23

My 2001 does not beep when you leave the lights on either.... would be good to turn it on!

Tags: