Missing Wireing Loom Plug

Started by Anonymous, July 29, 2003, 20:09

Anonymous

HELP  s:!: :!: s:!:  

All the mods have been completed on my 2 except for one. The fog lights from Japan have all the correct cables but the instructions show a female conecter on the 2's loom which you can plug the male plug directly in to. We can't find this plug. Does anyone now it's where-abouts or even if it is on the UK spec 2  s:?: :?: s:?:   My local Toyota dealer didn't have a clue  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Model = 2002 spec

Lights = Japan Parts Original Toyota Spec Fog Light Kit

Anonymous

should be down in the passenger foot well behing the black plastic trim

Anonymous

Passenger  s:?: :?: s:?:  

We'll go have a look as the wireing loom appears to head down the drivers side & up in to the fuse box. I'll let you know.

We did find a plug on the drivers side but it appears to be a diagnostic cable because if you take the cap off, the engine won't start. Good idea if you go on holiday perhaps  s:?: :?: s:?:

markiii

i was unde rthe impression the plug was at the back of the stereo?

Might be worth a word with Adam as he fitted these to his last car
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

I thought Adams were already fitted  s:?: :?: s:?:  

I will go & hassle him then as it was his lights I saw at last years JAE. Oh & photographed 300 times  s:!: :!: s:!:      s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

nope, I've seen the before and after pics and he definately fittedthem himself. The car was stock when he brought it in.

Mark.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Well I have PM'd him for advice. I wonder if his was a Jap or Euro import  s:?: :?: s:?:  

The loom could be different to the UK spec.

markiii

Jap import, but I beleive the plug would still be there.

Mark.

Anonymous

No reply from Adam yet.     s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

Anybody know where he is hideing  s:?: :?: s:?:

Anonymous

Well my local Mr T has failed to ring me back in a week even after I have paid them 2 more visits so I'm off to complain to the manager.   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:  

Adam hasn't answered me so i am off to complain to his mum.   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

& I still can't find the bloody plug  s:!: :!: s:!:

Anonymous

im very positive its in the passenger foot well!

its normally with the diogostic plugs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

markiii

well the diagnostics plug is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"im very positive its in the passenger foot well!

its normally with the diogostic plugs   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Well mine aint in the passenger footwell  s:!: :!: s:!:  

Quote from: "Markiii"well the diagnostics plug is under the dash to the right of the steering wheel.

I agree with that. My diagnostics plug is definately in the drivers footwell on the right.

Out of interest. Anybody with an 03 model should have this plug for their fogs. A nice stripping project for a boring Sunday afternoon  s:?: :?: s:?:  
  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Jap GT300

Sorry it has taken so long to respond.  My car was a jap import.

The plug you are looking for should be located behind the stereo.  The carpet pulls apart in the middle using velcro.  There are two plugs cable tied together.  In the instructions it should have a diagram showing which plug to use and how to feed the cables through a gromit in the front wall.

I can't remember but i believe the other plug is for adjusting the beam on the headlights or the rear fog.  These aren't options on Japanese cars.

Thanks Adam

Anonymous

I'd give you a big sloppy kiss but people would talk :!:

s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Carpet ripped open, 3 plugs found. Will book the 2 back in & let the bodyshop have a play around again. Everything else is wired in ready, it was just the plug we couldn't locate. Fingers crossed, will let you know the outcome.

Anonymous

i was close -ish LOL   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

Well we have checked & none of those plugs will fit mine  s:!: :!: s:!:

s:cry: :cry: s:cry:  

My plug is almost "P" shaped. Looks like it's gonna be an extra cable, relay & rewire  s:!: :!: s:!:   They will work but it wont be as tidy.

Oh well    s:? :? s:?

Tags: