Correct torque settings for front drop link bushes?

Started by jvanzyl, April 12, 2017, 08:25

jvanzyl

Hi All,
quick question - what is the correct torque setting for the bottom part of the drop link?

The below instructions seem to indicate 44nm for the top and 18 for the bottom which seems wrong... surely it should be something like 44nm as well?

J03

Putting 44nm on the bushing end will most likely compromise the bush  s:) :) s:)  18nm is plenty.

If in doubt put some thread lock on, but I'm guessing the nuts you're using are of the nyloc type anyway?
The Silver Shed - 2zz Rotrex ........  viewtopic.php?f=88&t=53969

ChrisGB

Quote from: jvanzylHi All,
quick question - what is the correct torque setting for the bottom part of the drop link?

The below instructions seem to indicate 44nm for the top and 18 for the bottom which seems wrong... surely it should be something like 44nm as well?

Mod note. I've had to remove the diagram, The club can get into trouble for allowing the reproduction of sections of Toyota copyright material on the forum. The 18nm figure looks right, 44 would crush the rubber bush.

Chris
Ex 2GR-FE roadster. Sold it. Idiot.  Now Jaguar XE-S 380. Officially over by the bins.

jvanzyl

ah! apologies for this! I actually do own a copy of the toyota manual and was trying to find the easiest way of describing what I wanted... sorry.

Either way - so the consensus is that 18nm for the bottom should be fine - and 44nm at the top or should that also be 18?

Tags: