Spare keys

Started by m1tch, June 5, 2017, 07:06

puma2

:) i had a locksmith out as i just wanted a another key.
cost all in £162 and was flip key just to let you no  a price to compare to. :)

BahnStormer

Quote from: puma2 on October 15, 2020, 11:21:) i had a locksmith out as i just wanted a another key.

wow, was that including accessing your car? flip key sounds nice, but that's a hefty step up from <£35 for blade + fob + cutting...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

househead

Quote from: BahnStormer on October 15, 2020, 21:10
Quote from: puma2 on October 15, 2020, 11:21:) i had a locksmith out as i just wanted a another key.

wow, was that including accessing your car? flip key sounds nice, but that's a hefty step up from <£35 for blade + fob + cutting...

Yep, think mine was about £20 all in. Tenner on eBay for the blank key (albeit without the electronic innards) and another tenner for cutting.

Different kettle of fish if you're locked out of it!
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

BahnStormer

Quote from: househead on October 15, 2020, 21:59
Quote from: BahnStormer on October 15, 2020, 21:10

Yep, think mine was about £20 all in. Tenner on eBay for the blank key (albeit without the electronic innards) and another tenner for cutting.

Different kettle of fish if you're locked out of it!

Innards are £15-£22, blade is £6-£12 and cutting £5-£10.... likely to cost £30-£40 for the whole lot... my 2007 sable only had one key when I got it, so I had to do the whole lot for the spare... but my 2006 - with double the mileage and no service history, came with all three (incl the grey valet key!)...
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Stuey2uk

I'm struggling to get a spare key sorted as I only have a 'slave' key: heater LED stays on before extinguishing.

Can anybody recommend 'a guy' - close to Milton Keynes who can reset my 2ZZ ecu or make/program a spare at a reasonable price (?)

Are there any other options ?
Thanks

fawtytoo

And to add to "other options": where to get a replacement transponder? eBay seem to have some but I can't the the internal part apart to get to the PCB.

My key is good but I can't use the central locking. Transponder is practically dead, red LED on key doesn't light up.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

BahnStormer

Tags: