TMC on Toyota navigation unit?

Started by Anonymous, August 1, 2003, 13:36

Anonymous

I have a 03 mr2 with the factory radio/cd player and navigational unit. In the manual of the navigation system, only once is mentioned that the system is TMC enabled. However, no further explanation on this, no possible navigation menu items on it and still stuck in traffic sometimes.

Is it really TMC enabled or not? Anyone experience on this?

Regards,

Marcel

Anonymous

Yes it is but you have to have the extra plug in module in which the TMC opertates, without this extra plug in module which will be located on the rear of teh NAv unit it will not operate

Anonymous

How does it look the plug in module. I have made a picture, but I do not see a plug in slot or something. Should I expect a PCMCIA type of slot?

Regards,

Marcel

Anonymous

if you look at the second loom on the left hand side theree are lots of spare gaps and these are for another adapotror to plug in the back of this makes it look a bit messy but thats how Mr T have desined it   s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

Asterix

Changed my nickname to Asterix

Okay, so it is probably not TMC enabled right now. What brand is it anyway Mr T is using as a navigational system? Pioneer? VDO Dayton?

Do you know if it is extendable, is there a part number for it? I guess my Toyota car dealer would not know.

Marcel

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asterix"Changed my nickname to Asterix

Okay, so it is probably not TMC enabled right now. What brand is it anyway Mr T is using as a navigational system? Pioneer? VDO Dayton?

Do you know if it is extendable, is there a part number for it? I guess my Toyota car dealer would not know.

Marcel

In my 2001 MR2 the navigation is the TNS200, in the newer ones its a TNS300. The difference is the 200 is CD based, the 300 is DVD. Its the same unit used in the other toyota models.

The data disk is a variant on Navtec data, but customised for Toyota. Read incompatible with other makes and 2 x the price   s:evil: :evil: s:evil:

Anonymous

If you can stand to have a less integrated system a Compaq Ipaq (~£250), GPS unit (~£100), and a bit of software (~£? depends on your choice), and you'll have a sat nav system.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Asterix"Changed my nickname to Asterix

Marcel

It's a very limited edition of a pioneer hand down, with a bit of teh old Mr T stlye plugs just to be anoying and expensixve to add things on !!

Asterix

True, but I do have three year warranty on it   s:) :) s:)

And it is insured automatically because it is a factory supplied option.

But I guess I have to find my way around without the TMC option?

Marcel

Anonymous

Tags: