DRLs

Started by lamcote, April 24, 2018, 13:30

lamcote

Just read the excellent How To on DRLs by Sombreropeak.

Does anyone know how to get the power wire through the bulkhead into the cabin rather than using the wiper motor power wire?

Thanks
Silver 2004 MR2 -  Unmodified but very shiny.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: lamcote on April 24, 2018, 13:30
Just read the excellent How To on DRLs by Sombreropeak.

Does anyone know how to get the power wire through the bulkhead into the cabin rather than using the wiper motor power wire?

Thanks
If you look down the bulkhead under the wiper motor you'll see a big grommet that takes the loom into the cabin, comes out about halfway up the footwell and is fairly well hidden by the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

lamcote

Thanks, should I be able to feel the loom coming through under the carpet if I have a poke about?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: lamcote on April 24, 2018, 14:18
Thanks, should I be able to feel the loom coming through under the carpet if I have a poke about?
If I remember rightly it goes straight back up into the glove box/heater control etc, you're possibly better feeling for the hole from the inside. It wasn't difficult to find on mine.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Call the midlife! on April 24, 2018, 14:55
Quote from: lamcote on April 24, 2018, 14:18
If I remember rightly it goes straight back up into the glove box/heater control etc, you're possibly better feeling for the hole from the inside. It wasn't difficult to find on mine.

Thinking back it might even be a hose rather than loom that goes through but you can't miss it. Stick a big cable tie or something similarly non invasive through the grommet and feel for it.

The Other Stu

I fed mine from the cigar lighter.
No Longer Here

lamcote

Found it, thanks for the pointers.

Tags: