LEATHER 4 CLOTH

Started by alancdavis, March 5, 2005, 13:17

alancdavis

I am thinking of haveing a new leathe interior in my car and considering that the seats are currantly black leather it seems a shame to bin the leather covers,,,,,,If any one with cloth seats who is thinking of leather to upgrade I might be up for a swap for the cloth seats along with a bit of cash to offset my costs,,,,,,any interest ???
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Tem

Why don't you just remove the leather from the seats and put them on sale? Easy to ship anywhere, unlike the seats. That's how I bought the red seat covers for myself, someone removed them from his car and put them on sale.
(he swapped to custom leather as well)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

alancdavis

always good to get advice,,,,,,,why did i not think of that,,,,,,what do you consider a fair price to ask  ??
Red Calipers with DBA Cross Drilled and Grooved Discs,,,,2005 Red and Black Leather Custom Seats,,,,,TSW,17ins Wheels,,,,,2003 colour coded side vents and rear bumoer inserts,,,,Custom rear bumper skirt,,,TTE Twin Rear Pipes,,,,,,TTE Front Bumper,,,,,Red and Black Steering Wheel,,,,,Blitz Induction Kit,,,,,TTE Style Bar,,,,,Goodridge Stainless Braided Hoses,,,,,,,,,Front and Rear Strut Braces,,,,,,Rear spoiler

Jap GT300

I sold a set of tan leather covers including door cards to a bloke in Italy and got £140.

They are a real PITA to take the covers off though!

Anonymous

Alan, what year and mileage is your 2?
I may be interested in swapping seats or just covers as I have red cloth seats fitted plus a spare set of black cloth seat covers.

alancdavis

mine is a 2001 car with 13000 on clock !!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"mine is a 2001 car with 13000 on clock !!!!!!!!

Shame, I'd have like leather seats but want to stick with the 03 style seats  s:cry: :cry: s:cry:

alancdavis

without sounding silly,,,,,,,,,,,what is the difference,,,,,,,,,as an alternative I have even thought of after market seats   recaro or simmilar
Has any one done this mod  ??   what seats will fit   any input will be appreciated,,,,,,,

kanujunkie

2003 onwards has a hole in it, at head height
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "alancdavis"without sounding silly,,,,,,,,,,,what is the difference,,,,,,,,,as an alternative I have even thought of after market seats   recaro or simmilar
Has any one done this mod  ??   what seats will fit   any input will be appreciated,,,,,,,

When I can afford it, I'll be pruchasing Sparco Torino 2 seats:

I think they look great, they're not cheap though.

kanujunkie

nice!
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

heathstimpson

How much is not cheap then  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

About £300 each! Worth it though, I quite like the look of the grey and black/grey ones.

Anonymous

does that include the subframe or do they bolt straight onto the existing ones???

Anonymous

That doesn't include the subframe, and I haven't got a clue how you'd attach them to the existing runners. Ask JapGT300, he had a set of Rage seats for sale and he'd already changed them over before selling them.

Tem

Quote from: "Jap GT300"I sold a set of tan leather covers including door cards to a bloke in Italy and got £140.

I paid £50 for the red cloth covers, so £100+ for leather seems fair.
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

I'd be interested in a possible swap - I've a 2003 with red cloth.

PM me if you want to discuss.

Cheers.

Chris_h

I have a 2002 with red cloth seats - so I guess these are different.

Mine has slight 'puckering' on the drivers bolster - as if something sharp has 'scagged' against it. The actual cloth isn't worn - its only done 25k
I read here that covers can be bought seperately, do you know where from?

Is it a Toyota job? how much do they cost? easy to fit etc etc///

I am well chuffed I may be able to rectify this fault with my car! was expected I would have to live with it or get a new seat..

PS - are 2002 seats different to the newer ones?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

Chris_h

If your black leather seats would fit mine (and vice versa) I would deff pay for an upgrade to leather seats ALan.

Was black leather ever an option on an Astral Black Mr2?
ex 02 Black, 00 Silver, 53 Black, 03 in silver - then s2000, civic type r, mini jcw, civic type r, Alfa Brera, z4 si coupe, now m135i. Still miss the 2 and will have another one someday....

PET3R

i am definately interested, i will email my dad, we have black and grey cloth seats, the car has only done 19,000 miles so they are as good as new.

PET3R

also its a 2001 like yours so it should not be a hard job!

Anonymous

I'll buy your seats if the previous guys on this post don't stump up the reddies   s:) :) s:)

PET3R

PM sent

heathstimpson

Quote from: "RedRaceR"[

What front bumper does this 2 have  s:?: :?: s:?:
Ex MR2 Roadster Turbo (seven years) now 997 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Anonymous

I'd be up for a swap on your leather seats plus cash if your interested.
Mine are black and grey cloth from a 2000 model with 23k miles and in perfect condition.
pm me if you are interested
Andi

Tags: