Door speaker components

Started by Daxed, May 21, 2018, 17:27

Daxed

I've been searching for a Pioneer component speaker kit, TS-E171ci after having it recommended by a fellow member. It seems to have been recently discontinued by the manufacturer and the source on Amazon has upped the price to £147. I found them for £114 & £115, ordered to then receive an email saying they didn't have any and would process a refund.

The same has just happened again at £130 this time.

Can anyone recommend a suitable alternative at this sort of money or is the price from Amazon still money well spent.

They will be amp driven.

Thanks

Topdownman

The tweeter size is something to bear in mind as ideally it needs to fit in the same hole as the oem one.

Focal speakers were a popular recommendation because they do just fit in.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

BahnStormer

@Daxed any Pioneer tweeters should be fine, provided they come with the little mounting case as that's a straight swap into the stock hole (small dab of glue to keep it in place).

Only concern would be just keeping an eye on the depth as I've fitted speakers to other cars, only to find that the high speak mid-range ones I'd just grabbed were too deep. Look up the specs on the TS-E171ci and aim for similar depth - I'm sure that Pioneer will have something that is almost electronically and physically identical on the market already!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Justin.D

Have you tried Car Audio Centre? I got my TS-E171ci's there late last year

Still showing as available - https://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-ts-e171ci_p-32692.htm

Click for my Readers Ride

Call the midlife!

Have you tried caraudiocentre.co.uk, they don't list them as unavailable but also sell through Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

ManInDandism

Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 21, 2018, 17:52
Have you tried caraudiocentre.co.uk, they don't list them as unavailable but also sell through Amazon.

caraudiocentre.co.uk have them listed here but they HAVE NO STOCK and indeed it appears the speakers have been discontinued. 

I ordered some from there the week before last.  Paid by Paypal but did not get any sort of confirmation of my order.  Left it for about 6 days (mainly because I forgot I'd not had an acknowledgement) and contacted them only to be told that they did not have any but did not know how to contact me to tell me ...hello - the Paypal payment has my email address!!!.  Irritating to say the least.

Then I tried 2 other internet outlets who both came back within a day to say that item is discontinued.  Left with the impression that stock is not actually held and they contact the exact same warehouse to try to get them in.  Did finally get a set ordered from Amazon where they were showing 2 sets in stock.  That was on Friday.  Not sure what the actual retail outlet is but was the most pricey and haven't yet been contacted to say order can't be processed.  Have just checked Amazon and now says item is on back order but only until tomorrow.

Obviously Pioneer do other component speakers (other brands also available as the saying goes) but these are premium quality plus my other kit is Pioneer.  Find it curious that they would discontinue them (if indeed they really have) and not make something else available at the same price point.  I did also look at the new Z-Series speakers  TS-Z65CH  but (a) they are not available in the UK and (b) they are pricey and probably overkill in a humble Roadster!
Black 2004 Roadster
Previous: Black 1994 Mk2 Turbo

Call the midlife!

Quote from: ManInDandism on May 21, 2018, 19:46
Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 21, 2018, 17:52

caraudiocentre.co.uk have them listed here but they HAVE NO STOCK and indeed it appears the speakers have been discontinued. 

I ordered some from there the week before last.  Paid by Paypal but did not get any sort of confirmation of my order.  Left it for about 6 days (mainly because I forgot I'd not had an acknowledgement) and contacted them only to be told that they did not have any but did not know how to contact me to tell me ...hello - the Paypal payment has my email address!!!.  Irritating to say the least.

Then I tried 2 other internet outlets who both came back within a day to say that item is discontinued.  Left with the impression that stock is not actually held and they contact the exact same warehouse to try to get them in.  Did finally get a set ordered from Amazon where they were showing 2 sets in stock.  That was on Friday.  Not sure what the actual retail outlet is but was the most pricey and haven't yet been contacted to say order can't be processed.  Have just checked Amazon and now says item is on back order but only until tomorrow.

Obviously Pioneer do other component speakers (other brands also available as the saying goes) but these are premium quality plus my other kit is Pioneer.  Find it curious that they would discontinue them (if indeed they really have) and not make something else available at the same price point.  I did also look at the new Z-Series speakers  TS-Z65CH  but (a) they are not available in the UK and (b) they are pricey and probably overkill in a humble Roadster!
Yeah, thought it might be the case, don't know why they do it in this age of review and feedback. You'd think they'd want positive reviews.

wotugonado

Try these jl audio tr650
Come in well under budget and the treble is crisp. Lot of good reviews, and a few of us have them in our mr2's. They fit under the door cards so no cutting needed for fitting.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Call the midlife!

Quote from: wotugonado on May 21, 2018, 21:13
Try these jl audio tr650
Come in well under budget and the treble is crisp. Lot of good reviews, and a few of us have them in our mr2's. They fit under the door cards so no cutting needed for fitting.
Also discontinued [emoji23]

Daxed

Cheers all,

Yes caraudiocentre were my first port of call, they took the money and later advised they couldn't supply. They were followed by audioimages and then bassjunkies. The explanation regarding the same warehouse would explain.

Seems like it's either Amazon or research alternatives.

wotugonado

Ha told you they're good.

There's some on eBay and amazon but stock is low. Bass junkies too I think. You'll need to be sharpish though.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Tags: