Rennen GT bodykit

Started by michaelb, May 26, 2018, 21:15

michaelb

Hi guys, I just found this and I'm drooling http://www.rennengt.co.uk

This looks awesome!

Ardent

Well found.
There are aspects I really like, there are others I don't.
Like the front esp the headlight.
Not keen on the bonnet. Would prefer a simple smooth option.

Treboeth

Nice kits.

But they never seem to upgrade the engine  ???

michaelb

The engine in their demo car is a 2zz with custom powerflow exhaust. I must admit, I'm tempted with the kit, it's a really unique looking car.

Ozzy

Seen some amazing bodykits available for the MR2 Roadster but not worth the money unfortunatly. I believe the complete package for something like that is 16-20 grand.

Hmm... unless I robbed a bank??  :P >:D

michaelb

The majority of the car you see is included in the £3995. The rear hump, Porsche lights, side scoops and exhaust are extra. They will sell you a complete car for around 16k, which includes the donor car.   

Treboeth

Quote from: ossy on May 26, 2018, 22:58
Seen some amazing bodykits available for the MR2 Roadster but not worth the money unfortunatly. I believe the complete package for something like that is 16-20 grand.

Hmm... unless I robbed a bank??  :P >:D

If you need a driver I know of a few people with turbos  ;)

cptspaulding

I don't get it.
Just buy a different car & save yourself an awful lot of money

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Treboeth

@ossy  I forgot to say the Club in no way condones Bank Robbery as a way of financing modifications to your car  ;)

michaelb

Thing is, it looks like a 100k car, and if you do enough under the bonnet, it will go like a 100k car, but for a fraction of the price. In addition, you get the pleasure of having a unique car and a Labour of Love!

MR TWO

It looks like a quality kit, though the add ons, fitting and paint will significantly increase the costs. Plus you can't really drive around in that car without at least £4Ks worth of engine improvements. Personally I find the front a little too like a cartoon smiley face, but individual tastes vary!

1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.
Carrera leather seats, Davids bars, Focal subwoofer & voce speakers & bling !
TRD Stage 2 F & R spoilers,  Haltezza bonnet, C1 side vents, JDL rear panel

Ozzy

Quote from: Treboeth on May 26, 2018, 23:02If you need a driver I know of a few people with turbos  ;)
Quote from: Treboeth on May 26, 2018, 23:04
@ossy  I forgot to say the Club in no way condones Bank Robbery as a way of financing modifications to your car  ;)
Hmm... Never seen a turbod one. Maybe your friends could show me around their turbo roadsters lol??

*Cues heist music*

Topdownman

I like parts of it too. Others, I dont (yes BGW, I am looking at you).

Is it me or does it look very very similar to this;

http://www.turismo.uk.com/avalanche.html
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

StuC

@Topdownman very similar indeed. There are a couple of really subtle differences.

This website feels better in terms of multiple products that have actually been created. Rather than a 1 off.l that is trying to establish itself.
I have to say, I do like the idea of the speedster panel. Would be a pain putting it on and off as banana is stored outside.
But... I think it would work on every car quite well.
URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

Ozzy

These bodykits for the MR2 are replicas of conversion kits available for Porsches. Mainly for the 911 I think, hence why they look so similar.

The designs are created by a german tuning company that build cars and provides aftermarket parts for Porsche and Mercedes I think but they also modifiy and reshell some Porsches as well with such looks. They also give them power upgrades and sell them as a completely different cars under their own names.

michaelb

Either way, I'm still very tempted! I like the idea of having a unique car, particularly one that looks like that!

Topdownman

Please dont think I am trying to put you off!

I wouldnt have the wing or the speed hump personally as I think it would look better on more the subtle side of things but I would very happily have a car that looked like that on my drive :)
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Ozzy

Definatly agree, it does look amazing. I would go for it in a splitsecond if it was cheap.

I wanted to get the tail light covers and the spoiler but couldn't find them for sale separately anywhere.

wotugonado

I saw the turismo version at a modified car show, it looked very nice, took me a long time to realise it was a kit on a roadster, the thing that gave it away was the upgraded heater knobs as I have them, then I noticed all the similarities and the penny dropped.
Also costs to add would be coilovers and wheel spacers and big wheels to fill the arches.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

MR TWO

Quote from: StuC on May 27, 2018, 11:18

I have to say, I do like the idea of the speedster panel. Would be a pain putting it on and off as banana is stored outside.

But what do you do with the panel when you are out driving and it starts to pour down? It doesn't look like it will fit inside the car with the roof up?
1MZFE, Emerald ECU, LSD, BC coilovers, custom middle & front under brace, F / R strut brace. Slotted discs & yellow pads, Blue flame exhaust.

StuC

Quote from: MR TWO on May 27, 2018, 15:06
Quote from: StuC on May 27, 2018, 11:18

But what do you do with the panel when you are out driving and it starts to pour down? It doesn't look like it will fit inside the car with the roof up?

Have fired off some questions to them.

In terms of some water management, was thinking of adding something like the boxster spyder has.

URBAN CUSTARD COLLECTIVE FOUNDING MEMBER

MR TWO

Quote from: StuC on May 27, 2018, 15:13

Have fired off some questions to them.

In terms of some water management, was thinking of adding something like the boxster spyder has.

Thinking about it, I seem to remember there were some being made a couple of years back that were in three (possibly two) pieces that did fit inside the car...  Maybe worth checking Spyderchat if you are keen?

Ozzy

By the looks of it, you'd probably be able to squeeze the speedster panel into the storage compartment behind the seats and put the soft top up.

Also like most cars that don't have electric roofs, the hardtop has to be left at home, so if it rains, you're screwed. Figure it's the same thing with this.

Topdownman

One of the speedster panels definitely looks like 2 pieces so I guess it goes in the cubbies or behind the seats?

I quite like the look of the turisimo console kit and would like to see one in the flesh.
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

MR TWO

Quote from: ossy on May 27, 2018, 16:16
By the looks of it, you'd probably be able to squeeze the speedster panel into the storage compartment behind the seats and put the soft top up.

Also like most cars that don't have electric roofs, the hardtop has to be left at home, so if it rains, you're screwed. Figure it's the same thing with this.

That makes it more useful. DUH why didn't I realise that?

Tags: