License plate upgrade

Started by conrank, July 17, 2018, 01:27

Ardent

Quote from: Smithy on February  3, 2020, 09:04Front licence plate fitted. A few bubbles that need some attention but I'm pleased with it. I didn't really like the front plate and the way it hung down over the grill. now with it higher its given Mo her smiley face back.
Well played.
So much better than those awful after thought number plate holders. Completely ruin the line.
How much happier does she look now.

SV-3

Quote from: Ardent on February  3, 2020, 19:30
Quote from: Smithy on February  3, 2020, 09:04Front licence plate fitted. A few bubbles that need some attention but I'm pleased with it. I didn't really like the front plate and the way it hung down over the grill. now with it higher its given Mo her smiley face back.
Well played.
So much better than those awful after thought number plate holders. Completely ruin the line.
The bubbles make it look AERO(yum-yum)dynamic :)
'03 Mk3 Chilli Red (Avon ZV7's: 26F/32R)
Sony WX-920BT
"Hardtop Cognoscenti"
"Stock Cubed"
"AirCon Aficionado"
"Keeper of the Beeper"
Ex '88 Mk1b White (Yokohama A539's: 26F/28R)
"Here we all are, rumours and old toffee abound." John Martyn

Smithy

Quote from: SV-3 on February  3, 2020, 19:43
Quote from: Ardent on February  3, 2020, 19:30
Well played.
The bubbles make it look AERO(yum-yum)dynamic :)

Oh yes very good. now I'm thinking of a zunsport front grill to finish off her smile. what you think?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

househead

Those grilles look pretty cool imo but they're a bit expensive especially if you want the full set front and back.

I did find a howto somewhere a while back that shows how to DIY one. I'll try and dig it out.
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

Smithy

Oh yes please. Yes they are expensive but I think they really look good but still understated imo
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Ardent

didn't take long for moditi's to strike ;)

jvanzyl

Hey guys- need to replace my front number plate as it's unlikely to pass mot. (Cracked)

I like the idea of the square one- do you just put screws in them to hold them in place or do you need a specific holder?

Ardent

one for @Carolyn I know she has a square plate up front, But, I also recall her front bumper is not bog standard either.

Some mickey mouse thing ;)   :o    ;D

TAXI!

@jvanzyl
If you get right down to the front mesh area, there is a small panel that is held by a couple of screws. I don't know if it is some sort of access panel or for tiny number plates. Do Japenese cars have front plates?

jvanzyl

Quote from: Ardent on February 20, 2020, 22:05one for @Carolyn I know she has a square plate up front, But, I also recall her front bumper is not bog standard either.

Some mickey mouse thing ;)   :o    ;D

TAXI!

@jvanzyl
If you get right down to the front mesh area, there is a small panel that is held by a couple of screws. I don't know if it is some sort of access panel or for tiny number plates. Do Japenese cars have front plates?

Interesting! I shall have to have another look when I get my old bumper back off Dave.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F124004323002

This link clearly shows the license plate attachment for square plates..

Ardent

@jvanzyl

Have cropped in for ref. Might be too small. But would look the muts nuts.
You cannot view this attachment.

Tags: