Arm rest

Started by michaelb, August 4, 2018, 21:37

michaelb

Anybody ever fitted an arm rest? If so, how and what did you use?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mikek

Rover 45 fits straight in
2zz by Rogue. Se7en cams. BMC CDA. Competion clutches lightened flywheel, Megillian Racing Exhaust. TRD sportivo suspension and ARB\'s. TRD braces. TRD quick shift. TRD dash kit, Matts brace. Getting there but not sure when it will stop!

michaelb

Really? Rover 45? How does it attach? Few bolts?

Call the midlife!

Mine's still on the original Rover hinge, bolted through the divider in the console with some spacers to allow it to lift up.
Some people just have it as a rest and glue a foam disc under it to fit in the cup holder and stop it sliding around.
It does the job well but there's no padding, you can always fab your own up with a bit of ply and some foam and vinyl.
Dan944 has one out of an early Celica I think, or similar, sits a bit higher and has a padded top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

michaelb

Cool, yours looks good mate. I'll have a think about it and decide what to do!

dan944

Mines crap, don't do it. Lol.

It's a universal fit type one from fleabay. Doesn't look that bad but it's too high and a bit creaky. It does have a tiny bit of padding though.

Fitting the rover 45 one today :)
"I swear mum I did try and sell the roadster"

Silver mr2 2003 FL. Custom Turbo build 209whp. Lots of handling mods.

Honda CR-V The Work Horse

michaelb

Is it an original rover 45 one I'm looking for or a new one that would fit a rover 45? There's loads of them on eBay for around £12.95

Call the midlife!

Not sure what you mean by a new one? The ones I got were off 45s at the scrappers and both cost around a quid![emoji23]
The 2000-05 model.

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

michaelb

If you type in rover 45 arm rests into ebay, a load come up mate but I'm not sure if these ones will fit or not. There actually look pretty nice

Call the midlife!

This one.

michaelb

No, I did see that one but there are other ones which are brand new and have nice chrome bit etc.

Call the midlife!

Yeah, I can only speak about the one I've got I'm afraid.

Delta_Tango

looks great and im sure very comfy, but then don't you lose that all-precious storage/3rd cup holder space?
is it worth it?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Delta_Tango on August 19, 2018, 22:12
looks great and im sure very comfy, but then don't you lose that all-precious storage/3rd cup holder space?
is it worth it?
Not if you fit it on the hinge, you get a covered, accessible storage hole that can still be used as a cup holder if required.

onion86

Quote from: Call the midlife! on August 19, 2018, 22:15
is it worth it?
Not if you fit it on the hinge, you get a covered, accessible storage hole that can still be used as a cup holder if required.

Tada

Or my original, differently coloured install from 2009 ;) - http://www.azekiel.co.uk/mr2/mods/armrest.html
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

Call the midlife!

Quote from: onion86 on August 20, 2018, 13:22
is it worth it?

Tada

Nice work, covers the switches well too!

Brizee67

is it worth it?

Tada

Or my original, differently coloured install from 2009 ;) - http://www.azekiel.co.uk/mr2/mods/armrest.html
I love that...it's the best one I've seen...how do I go about getting one??

Call the midlife!

Ebay or your local, walk round scrapyard, the last 2 I got I only paid a couple of quid for at the scrappers.
Anytime we go for parts I make a point of going to the Rover section to check [emoji23]

Brizee67

Quote from: Call the midlife! on September 13, 2018, 22:33
Ebay or your local, walk round scrapyard, the last 2 I got I only paid a couple of quid for at the scrappers.
Anytime we go for parts I make a point of going to the Rover section to check [emoji23]

But that stitching matches the seats...I'm sure the Rover armrest doesn't have that on it...does it?

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Brizee67 on September 14, 2018, 00:31
Quote from: Call the midlife! on September 13, 2018, 22:33

But that stitching matches the seats...I'm sure the Rover armrest doesn't have that on it...does it?

I think that's just a lucky coincidence, it's maybe from a higher spec 45. Or just very clean and a trick of the light.

Brizee67

Well jealous [emoji53]

BahnStormer

At the risk of cross-posting, but then this thread is more relevant...

Quote from: BahnStormer on September 21, 2018, 11:28
I was looking into these armrests as it would stop me constantly turning the heated seats on!! But I was wanting to get one in the contrast stitching.

I believe the MG 6 GT is the "new" version of the MG ZS and Rover 45?

If so, then this looks promising!! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHITE-STITCHING-GENUINE-LEATHER-ARMREST-COVER-FITS-MG-6-GT-2011-2016/351929150325?epid=621739447&hash=item51f09cab75:g:RXMAAOSwA3dYSs5Z

On re-reading the advert - that is £30, but only the leather COVER - you'd also need an armrest lid!

is it worth it?

Tada

Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

onion86

Yeah my leather cover was £12.95 with the matching stitching. The black one was purchased in 2011 and the grey in 2009... The Rover armrest itself is the same one from 2009.
Sable 55 C-One MR2 C2 Turbo - A/C, Black Heated Leather, TTE Twin Exhaust, Cruise Control

BahnStormer

Quote from: onion86 on September 21, 2018, 13:04
Yeah my leather cover was £12.95 with the matching stitching. The black one was purchased in 2011 and the grey in 2009... The Rover armrest itself is the same one from 2009.

where was that from? the ones I saw were £30!!
Black 2006: AC & heated leather: 4x Megillian braces, Koni/Tein custom suspension, MTEC+YS+braided brakes, Toyosports manifold, TTE exhaust, Conti PremiumContact2(summer)/ Conti TS860S(winter) / YokoAD08RS (track/summer), Pioneer MVH-390BT + TS-E171ci, FBSW, Robbins mohair hood.

Tags: