Fitted new single din

Started by mark1307, September 10, 2018, 10:22

mark1307

Ok so I fitting a nice new single din the other day (Pioneer DEH-S4000BT - I'll use DAB through my phone as i hate losing signal with crappy window DAB aerials) and other than spending 2 hours trying to get the old fixings to fit and then finding new ones in the fascia box it went well!

HOWEVER...I have 2 issues.

1. Reception is poor but I didn't think i'd need a booster with the stock aerial!?
2. Should i have used the surround from the original stereo?...looks a little "gappy" but the fascia instructions didn't say to and it was dark when i finished
Silver...you know you love it!

Bossworld

1) Have fitted two aftermarket ones in two different 2s - you shouldn't need a booster.  I assume your antenna still goes up/down?
2) Yes - it's a bastard to prize off the surround (the fisher price face lift stereo) but it's needed to make it look rounded like the lower section with the fag lighter.  Once removed, you should be able to clip it over the fascia adaptor in-situ.

mark1307

Quote from: Bossworld on September 10, 2018, 12:22
1) Have fitted two aftermarket ones in two different 2s - you shouldn't need a booster.  I assume your antenna still goes up/down?
2) Yes - it's a bastard to prize off the surround (the fisher price face lift stereo) but it's needed to make it look rounded like the lower section with the fag lighter.  Once removed, you should be able to clip it over the fascia adaptor in-situ.

Thanks - it's motor is f'ed and grinds away nicely but it is up and worked perfectly with the stock radio.

Ah well the best news is that i don't have to take it all out once i've managed to get it off. I didn't fancy having to take it all out!!
Silver...you know you love it!

Tags: