Engine Cover

Started by Brizee67, October 7, 2018, 23:54

Brizee67

After looking at my original engine cover sat in my garage for the last year I thought I'd give it a proper rub down today to get rid of the clear coat failure.

I used some 400 grit wet and dry by hand followed by 800 grit on my DA. I then primed over those areas I'd just sanded.

I then block sanded with the 800 grit to flatten it and then did a final flurry with the DA.

Then once it was all dry I masked the inside face to stop any overspray hitting the inside area of the engine cover. I then sprayed about 3-4 coats of colour over the primed areas and then hit the whole panel for an extra 1-2 coats. I then sprayed 2 full coats of clear making sure that I gave particular attention to the edges and the partially exposed underside area.
I'm really pleased with the results and other than a few bits of dust to remove; it looks bloody amazing. No major colour sanding required [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andyroo104

You are getting rather good at this spraying Brian, impressive work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
MAF-What a difference a spray makes!!!!!!!!!!!

Topdownman

Looks very good, is there anything left that you havent sprayed?......
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Brizee67

Quote from: andyroo104 on October  8, 2018, 15:15
You are getting rather good at this spraying Brian, impressive work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you [emoji4]

Brizee67

Quote from: Topdownman on October  8, 2018, 15:27
Looks very good, is there anything left that you havent sprayed?......
There's loads of panels I haven't painted yet...all the offside needs doing, oh and the bumpers [emoji16]

Tags: