Finished Bumper

Started by Brizee67, November 22, 2018, 15:41

Brizee67

Today I went for it and went for a full on colour sand using my DA. Yesterday I'd used a block and some 1200 grit wet and dry but I wasn't very pleased with the results

It looked okay but I wanted to flatten it fully as much as possible. I can say you definitely need some balls to sand it flat because one slip and you can strike through the clear and then you basically need to start all over again.

So, it was flattened as far as a dared to go. As you can see from the pictures I didn't go right up to the edges but stayed within the confines of the sander and therefore I knew my polisher could correct it. After 1200 grit I then used 2000 grit paper. I did this all dry with no water. I'm not sure if I should have used water or not. Maybe water would have helped refine the scratches??? I don't know. Anyway I then set about polishing on a medium pad with G3 and then used a polishing pad and menzerna super finish
I'm pretty pleased with the results. I think I'll have another go come the spring and warmer weather to remove some of the fine scratches that are left.

And then some enhanced images just to show the reflections...unfortunately the sun didn't shine today, hence the manipulation but you get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shnazzle

...neutiquam erro.

Topdownman

Just about passes muster....... :)
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Brizee67

Quote from: shnazzle on November 22, 2018, 16:09
Wow. That is all
Thanks...it's not so embarrassing now

Brizee67

Quote from: Topdownman on November 22, 2018, 16:29
Just about passes muster....... :)
[emoji39]

Chilli Girl

Wow, really wow, I hate to say this but I think your car is even shinier than my previous Chilli and that was shiny!  Brilliant job, you've worked so hard on this and your hard work has definitely paid off. Well done you. :)
Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Brizee67

Quote from: Chilli Girl on November 22, 2018, 17:16
Wow, really wow, I hate to say this but I think your car is even shinier than my previous Chilli and that was shiny!  Brilliant job, you've worked so hard on this and your hard work has definitely paid off. Well done you. :)
Thanks Jane...it's a labour of love..honestly I love working on my car and the bonus is that it gets to look better and better [emoji16]

michaelb

Oh man that is super shiny mate! I'd like to make my silver come up like that! Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brizee67

Quote from: michaelb on November 22, 2018, 20:25
Oh man that is super shiny mate! I'd like to make my silver come up like that! Nice job!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
As silver isn't a solid colour I'm not sure how shiny you can achieve...hopefully someone will post a picture and prove me wrong but I've never seen a high gloss silver before [emoji20]

pauls0212

can you do mine please
red 2003 standard so far

pauls0212

is this a ding day service you are offering
red 2003 standard so far

pauls0212

red 2003 standard so far

Brizee67

Quote from: pauls0212 on November 23, 2018, 00:13
is this a ding day service you are offering
Lol...I wish I could offer it as a service...but you'd have a two week wait [emoji16]

Tags: