Seats. Again, sorry.

Started by Petrus, April 30, 2019, 12:00

Petrus

Found a host of threads about seats but...

Has anyone deleted the seatbelt signal? It that a matter of simply unplugging on does the plug need shorting/resistance?

The thing is that I am totally in love with the bomber style aluminium seats like in the vintage Porsche speedster racers.

It will lop a huge chunk of weight but in this case that is not the obkject. I just lóve them. Yes it will be an MoT fails so will need to swap them back for inspection.

I have the doors from the rear cubby out anyway so still access to those.

They do look  8)

and this is how they bolt down

wotugonado

Look like giant cheese graters, they can't be comfortable surely?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Petrus

Quote from: wotugonado on April 30, 2019, 16:19
Look like giant cheese graters, they can't be comfortable surely?

Well, yes and no.
Plastic/alu/wooden restaurant seat are, like school seats, quite ok. Horse riding I greatly prefer an unpolstered, well fitting saddle.
The issue is that in a car is not a smooth moving horse equalising potholes. In a car hard type seats will transfer the jolts/vibrations undampened.
For shorter rides it will be ok enough for the hard core enthusiast but not for any female passenger nor for larger trips; some padding or cover absolutely necessary.

wotugonado

Fair enough, I'm not hardcore enough for something like that. Bet they'd be absolutely freezing in the winter time over here......
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Petrus

Quote from: wotugonado on April 30, 2019, 22:26
Fair enough, I'm not hardcore enough for something like that. Bet they'd be absolutely freezing in the winter time over here......

Ah, it gets freezing ccccold at night here at 750 meters in the mountains but with 300 sunny days/year there is no complaining. Just wheel it in the sun in the morning before start-up  ;D

And about hardcore; took the power steering out and think it a doddle  ;D

p.s. there are heated seat cushions  ;)

Petrus

Looking a bit into the details it appears to be an unexpected challenge to find 25mm tongue width belt buckles!! :o

Call the midlife!

Wouldn't fancy sitting on those after it's been sat in the sun for a while [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60% of the time it works everytime...

Petrus

They reflect more and absorb less heat than the pleather option.
But for the moment no belt buckle so  :-\

As to the comfort they are obviously hárd but no more/less so then carbon- or other composites and plastics. All one needs is padding/inserts. IF, húge IT, I would go for them, I´d source pleather thingamies in one piece for seat and back. Velcro them behind the low back and flop them over, in the seat. Park the car, flop them in the back.

Petrus

Sorry  :-\

The weight issue is rather weighty so has entered the playing field  ::)

Q&D adding up, substracting and dividing comes up with potentially 10 kilo at 25€/kg and more at an increasing rate.

Petrus

Been looking at kit car buckets.

Was flumoxed by the measurements but when I measured the OEM seats in mine, those were more minute still! The centre insert flat is only 27 cm. wide  :o
The crucial difference however is that the buckest are hárd and mine are leather over soft foam, making the width a literally flexible thing.

Some réally nice seats btw. Kék looking, 4 - 5 kilos and very affordable. Could even be 20!! kg. at 25€/kg.
A bit down a rabbit hole though, starting from alloy bomber seats.

Petrus

LusoMotors is a very professional high tech Portugese business.
Their seat look spot on for the MR2, especially their MK3 model.
Complete with ´alcantara´ pad set it is under 200 pounds and 5 kilos.
The pads are availeble in a choice 26 different colours and they also offer a wide range of colours for the seat instead of black at only 20€ extra.

Tags: