Meguires Hybrid Ceramic Wax? & Buffing Help

Started by Ozzy, September 11, 2019, 18:07

Ozzy

Has anyone tried out the new Hybrid Ceramic Wax from Meguires? Is it good, bad, what do you think of it?

Read some reviews and all seem to be very good but curious if it has other protection properties much like an actual ceramic coating which literally seals everything in or is it hydrophobic only.

s12vea

I have been using for a few months, easy to work with and protects the paint nicely. At under £20 worth a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed
TF204 Blue
Another one won't hurt  .....

m1tch

Odd thing to suggest but try some of the Turtle wax 'hybrid sealant hydrophobic wax' - its really good value and all the tests I have seen on Youtube seem to match off well with meguiers and others. I have it on both my cars and my wifes car, really impressed with it considering its about £6 a bottle. Washed my black daily drive last weekend, the sheeting was incredible and its been on for a couple of months.

Ozzy

Hmm now to decide which to get lol D;

shnazzle

My car hasn't been waxed since about 2016 but I was always a massive fan of thr Fusso range from Soft99
https://www.nipponshine.com/fusso-coat-dark-200g

They have a dark and a light version to suit your paint. 

The long-lasting wax is rather epic but if you want a crazy shine, their King of Gloss is just crazy.
...neutiquam erro.

H1GRM

Followed this thread with interest and do like a good shine...

Ordered a spray bottle of the turtle thingimy stuff for £8.04 delivered, can't go wrong at that price, although I am still a fan of all things Autoglym.
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=66294.0<br /><br />TTE Turbo 6R4 Forest Green - Y55 GRM <br />Jeep Wrangler - H1 GRM

Ozzy

Haven't used it yet but I actually brought a product called PTFE Pro Seal by Maxolen. My brother has used this in the past and it's very durable and hard to remove. It genuinely lasts around a year minimum but is quite pricey in comparison to others.

I've heard loads of good things about Fusso Wax also. I've seen their light version applied to a silver car and it's very glossy indeed. A friend offered to let me use some of his light Fusso so might try it out on one of my other cars that I buffed.

My MR2 is black thought and had applied Autoglym Gloss Protection after buffing it to protect it until I got a decent wax/sealant but it's already wore off in like 2 weeks. Weirdly it's only been washed twice since and has already got loads of swirls and light marks in the paint so that sucks... Will applying wax on top hide the swirls/marks to some extent or will it just make it worse? Don't really want to go to the effort of buffing it all over again.

m1tch

I will be getting some Fuso wax soon for my cars, need to correct the paint to a point where its worth protecting first though!

Ozzy

Decided to get some of the Meguires Hybrid Wax aswell to try out on the MR2. Going to compare all my cars with different products and see what works best.

First impressions of the Hybrid Ceramic Wax is that it's added a nice shine indeed but a pain in the butt to buff off for the first application. Haven't tried it wet yet but supposed to be raining next few days so I'll see how it goes.

shnazzle

Quote from: m1tch on September 20, 2019, 12:59I will be getting some Fuso wax soon for my cars, need to correct the paint to a point where its worth protecting first though!

If you leave the Fusso too long, prepare for tired arms :) 
But, 2 coats of the stuff truly does last 9-12 months.
...neutiquam erro.

Zxrob

I,ve used MER wax before and found it to be good

I suppose a lot boils down to personal choice and cost

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Tags: