Red roof

Started by Zxrob, September 25, 2019, 22:29

Zxrob

Hi all

I'm looking to tidy my red edition up, happy with 90% appearance wise, few things to do though ;)

Although the roof is in good condition, the red has faded in a couple of places so was going to dye it,may sound like a daft question, but, is there a colour code or reference number for a red roof

Cheers Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

wotugonado

Is'nt it vinyl ?
Can that be dyed?
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Topdownman

The red vinyl roofs can become black in places, not sure if this is the red vinyl wearing off to show the black underneath?

I had mine changed to a red fabric one when I got sick of the look of mine.

I have never heard of dying vinyl so doubt thats a thing?
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Zxrob

Quote from: wotugonado on September 25, 2019, 22:34Is'nt it vinyl ?
Can that be dyed?

Yep, your probably correct

Vinyl paint then, or something along them lines ;)

Rob

wotugonado

Quote from: Zxrob on September 25, 2019, 22:43
Can that be dyed?

Yep, your probably correct

Vinyl paint then, or something along them lines ;)

Rob

I'd save up and have a day trip out to Wales and get it replaced.
Someone will add the name and details of the place if your interested. I never had mine done, so don't have the info, but plenty of people have and are pleased with the replacement roof.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Zxrob

Can that be dyed?

Well apparently you can dye them, been in touch with a few companies, so will give it a go, fingers crossed :))

Rob

Ozzy

I was thinking about this a few days ago and for the red cloth seats as well lol.

I've seen it done on many interior trim pieces and door cards before. Never seen the vinyl/fabric paints come off and theyre supposed to be somewhat flexible but not sure how they would hold up on a convertible roof that's going to be constantly folded and unfolded.

If you can get colour matched paint, can't hurt to try. Will be better than it looking faded and tatty and will save you several hundred pounds on a new roof.

Zxrob

Quote from: Ozzy on October  4, 2019, 21:02I was thinking about this a few days ago and for the red cloth seats as well lol.

I've seen it done on many interior trim pieces and door cards before. Never seen the vinyl/fabric paints come off and theyre supposed to be somewhat flexible but not sure how they would hold up on a convertible roof that's going to be constantly folded and unfolded.

If you can get colour matched paint, can't hurt to try. Will be better than it looking faded and tatty and will save you several hundred pounds on a new roof.

The way I see it, I'll have a go, hopefully wont fook it up

Rob

Tags: