Warning lights button

Started by Petrus, October 2, 2019, 12:34

Petrus

Has anyone found/fitted an alternative to the rather bland hazard lights button?

wotugonado

The only thing I found was a metal trim that goes round it, look in my sales post for hvac knobs there's a picture of one fitted.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Petrus

Quote from: wotugonado on October  2, 2019, 12:46The only thing I found was a metal trim that goes round it, look in my sales post for hvac knobs there's a picture of one fitted.

Not sure it matches the thin rings I just fitted but it is sómething at least. Hat off to you for having found it!

Thanks for the heads up.

p.s. just reverted to the chrome gear knob instead of the Pokeball. With the chrome accents the latter doesn´t look half as fun.

wotugonado

Yeah it's more of a brushed finish, than chrome.
---------------Tte turbo----------------
      Graced the tarmac from 2014-2019

Petrus

Late eighties I had/carde a ´71 GT Junior (Alfa). It had a simple, straight, no centre console, black leatherlook plastic dashboard. Two large four small, black dial, chrome rim Vegia clocks and chome backed/ chrome slider knobs heater panel.
I still have some stuff from the dashboard lying about. Maybe even a slider knob if I remember correctly. Still not gotten that far with the mud but maybe, just máybe, the slider know would fit.
Oh and it had a simple three spoke wood rim steering wheel. Must have been a replacement by an earlier owner as this interior had a black rim/polished (twin) spoke one.

Petrus

Had three pre-operation appointments in the hospital this morning so, despite it going amazingly smooth and well ahead of schedule, still pondered upon the tabs to take my mind off.
Wáy ahead of schedule got back at the farm so dug inti the garage and .... yes! Found them!! No...; they are black  ::)

Also found a cool push/pull switch from the same car but no way it would fit as hazard light switch  :(

Anyway, the vintage left overs are a no-go.

Tags: