Suspension upgrade for road use

Started by MVV, December 18, 2019, 23:24

Smithy

Anyone running vmaxx lowering springs on oem shocks? if so what's the ride like for road use?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

EJMK3

Anyone know a good place to get replacement rubbers from? The only options I can find are purchasing the full component from Toyota with the bushes in them or going poly which I'm not really looking to do with the added stiffening...

Ardent

@EJMK3

Is a real problem. If you find anything do let us know.
I would like to replace mine, with fresh stock. But either full arms from Mr T. Or poly/superpro.

Don't fancy either. Stock is hard to beat on these cars.

EJMK3

Quote from: Ardent on July 10, 2021, 17:05@EJMK3

I would like to replace mine, with fresh stock. But either full arms from Mr T. Or poly/superpro.

I'll keep you updated, waiting to hear back from Paul at TCB, I think he is our only hope here!

Dev

Quote from: Ardent on July 10, 2021, 17:05@EJMK3

I think I mentioned this before. Don't fear the Superpro poly. They are every bit as good as the original rubber and they hold their composure for a very long time with no squeaks. I am against many aftermarket replacment parts because there is always some sort of drawback that is not OEM quality but with these they were done right and are replacement bushings not performance ones. The only stiffness that will be appreciated will be from going from worn bushings to new.
 I would never get aftermarket arms because either they have poor quality. The OEM are expensive but worth it and that is why I will always buy used a low millage part many times over buying aftermarket new.

FredyCro

For the folks who have meisterr crd on their 2s - what stiffness/ clicks do you use for fast road use (from softest i.e.)?

Also if anybody had whiteline ARBs I would love to hear how stiff did you set them up for mentioned use.

Cheers
IG: optimal_zzw30

Gaz mr-s

Do some search-term tries.  I have Meister but haven't used the full set together, but thought the spring rate was stupidly-high.  I reckon they improve after a few hundred miles bedding-in though.
For road-use I would think in combination with the Meister the softest setting on the Whiteline would be enough. It's supposedly about 25% stiffer than o/e.

Rear..?  Can make it too stiff, I've read. A lot of racers don't use any rear antiroll bar.  Perhaps a stripped-out car behaves differently?

steveash

Quote from: FredyCro on January 29, 2022, 08:28For the folks who have meisterr crd on their 2s - what stiffness/ clicks do you use for fast road use (from softest i.e.)?

Also if anybody had whiteline ARBs I would love to hear how stiff did you set them up for mentioned use.

Cheers

I think mine are about 5 clicks from soft on the front and 10 at the rear. I wouldn't want it much firmer for road use. They definitely mellow over the first thousand miles although I think it's the springs that get softer rather than the damping.

igla

Quote from: FredyCro on January 29, 2022, 08:28For the folks who have meisterr crd on their 2s - what stiffness/ clicks do you use for fast road use (from softest i.e.)?

Cheers

For road use, I always keep it in the softest setting. For the track on the other hand, I try to set it up as hard as the track allows it, with 3-5 clicks at a time. (short bumps or changes in the surface)

Tags: