HID headlamps

Started by Oddshoes, January 18, 2020, 17:22

Oddshoes

Hi All

As I going to be sealing headlamps I am thinking of fitting HID's has anyone else done this and did it work ok?
What's the pros and cons please for those that have done it?

Thanks in advance

Dave
2001 Turbocharged MR-S in Gulf Racing Colours... with goodies from Cusco, Damd, Top Secret, Monkey Wrench Racing, TRD, Lenso and running 264bhp@ 10psi... TBC

MR2 Owner since 2006.

Call the midlife!

The biggest con is that they make you an instant MOT failure, unless you've got a very friendly tester.
60% of the time it works everytime...

shnazzle

And it makes you one of those intolerable blinding fools on the road with headlights that burn the retinas of oncoming traffic drivers

Please don't. 
It's not legal. It benefits only you (arguably) but is a detriment to all other road users. 

We've been through this so many times. It usually ends in it being done anyway, their MOT tester turning a blind eye, and us all being proved wrong..... Ish...
...neutiquam erro.

jvanzyl

This why I'm thinking of doing the 7" sealed units that I told you about. You get the better light output but it's got a proper beam pattern.. but yeah it's going to be an experiment, I'll start with el cheapo sealed units and make sure it's feasible before plugging for the jw speaker or morimoto ones

Oddshoes

Ok fair does peeps and thank you, I will look into better bulbs/ Less then... I'll jus just get some really go fog light bars

👍
2001 Turbocharged MR-S in Gulf Racing Colours... with goodies from Cusco, Damd, Top Secret, Monkey Wrench Racing, TRD, Lenso and running 264bhp@ 10psi... TBC

MR2 Owner since 2006.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Oddshoes on January 18, 2020, 21:18Ok fair does peeps and thank you, I will look into better bulbs/ Less then... I'll jus just get some really go fog light bars

👍
Have a look at @bigbear007 Simon Sinclair on here or Facebook, he's got the mother of all Cree led bars on the front of his. When he drives down the street at night people start getting up for work, thinking it's morning...
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: