Numberplate size and supplier for Zunsport lower rear grille

Started by househead, February 12, 2020, 14:37

househead

I've bit the bullet and ordered a set of Zunsport grilles (silver and all but the side air vents).

I've noticed in some posts that the standard UK rear number plate looks a bit silly with this grille and that I should seek out a JDM style square(ish?) plate.

What is the correct size that's needed and where can I find them to buy? I see halfrauds only does the standard sizes. Also, is it possible to get one with a flag/badge?

ukregplates.co.uk had a fair few choices...

You cannot view this attachment.

I don't have the grilles in my hand yet so can't measure. I'm guessing it's one of the "Oversized Oblong" choices?
2004 Sable Red Edition, TTE Twin Exhaust, Toyosports Manifold

GRiches

Hi

Did you ever get to the bottom of this and receive and fit your grilles? I have a silver 2 and am considering doing this myself but would love to see how yours came out before splashing out.

Cheers

InnerStaytes

Hello househead and GRiches,

I have a full set of Zunsport stainless. I ordered a rear plate from
fancyplates.com. The size you need is 295mm wide x 180mm high. This will fit perfectly between the grilles side to side and the bodywork top to bottom.
In theory this plate is not legal and is for show only, but it is easily big enough to use standard font and spacing. Mine has been through at least two MOTs with no problem and if you see the amount of illegal plates around that don't get stopped the chances of being pulled up for this one are close to zero.
You can add anything you want on fancy plates - badges, text, borders etc. Price for me two years ago was £22.05 inc p&p.
I have to say that the combination of this plate and the Zunsports is the best looking rear end I have seen. Even my wife agrees. Enjoy

Smithy

I have a square rear plate to fit however i just need a little bit more room. Does the little bit of trim below where the plate fits come off? removing this would give me a bit more room to view the bottom of my plate.
pictured below.
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Tags: