How to attache C-One Scoops and be able to remove them when you need to

Started by jvanzyl, July 13, 2020, 16:40

jvanzyl

OK, so I've been doing a bit of research on how to attached C-One side scoops in a way that allows you to remove them when you have to clean your drains.

The current thinking is elevator bolts being fibrelgassed in, drilling the appopriate holes in the rear quarter panels and then "somehow" being able reach in through the vent with a ratchet spanner to attach and release them.

You cannot view this attachment.

As they're fibreglass and not and exact fit, I'd add some kind of black or dark colour draft excluder rubber to the car side of the vent so that visually it created a snug fit.

Any thoughts/improvements from anyone?

shnazzle

Either you are the last person to give advice on c-scoop adhesion or thr best.... Can't decide... 
😂😂😂😂😂
...neutiquam erro.

Call the midlife!

How wide are the bits you're thinking about glassing in?
There's no width to the rim of the scoops and if you get Nigel Smith ones mine were  an appalling and different shapes.
They only really touch the wing in three places and the back edge of the curve has about a 10 mm lip if you're lucky.
If anything you're probably going to have to go in through the wheel arch as won't the nut be on the inside of the wing??
60% of the time it works everytime...

jvanzyl

Quote from: shnazzle on July 13, 2020, 17:39Either you are the last person to give advice on c-scoop adhesion or thr best.... Can't decide...
😂😂😂😂😂

I think I'm qualified to advise on how not to attach them... 😎

Quote from: Call the midlife! on July 13, 2020, 17:41How wide are the bits you're thinking about glassing in?
There's no width to the rim of the scoops and if you get Nigel Smith ones mine were  an appalling and different shapes.
They only really touch the wing in three places and the back edge of the curve has about a 10 mm lip if you're lucky.
If anything you're probably going to have to go in through the wheel arch as won't the nut be on the inside of the wing??

Well I was thinking that I'd drill in from the outside of the scoop as shallow as possible with as wide a washer thing as I could 1"?, and then fill it in and sand it off... haven't yet figured out how deep the bottom Part of the scoop is to work with or how high up you'd have to go to get sufficient purchase/depth..

Good point about the rear arch liner.. that's a way better way in.. wait a second- can you access the drains with the rear arch liner removed?? I can't remember. If so the this whole thing is redundant, apart from actually finding a way to properly attach them at least.

Call the midlife!

I just removed the plastic grid from the end of the drain pipe so less to catch debris and stuck them on.
A flush with the pipe should keep them clear. O
60% of the time it works everytime...

Tags: