Rear spoiler opinions please

Started by Mr2paul, December 12, 2020, 01:23

Mr2paul

Hi all, iv been looking at mr2 Ben trd spoiler for the rear. Has anyone bought this item ? Iv so far failed to buy a second hand one even tho a breaking car had one but was asked to make an offer, so I did , £60. Tho meant a 4 hr round trip, spraying etc but the guy never even got back to me. Are there other options? As I'm not getting responses to size questions and spacing of legs etc. Your not nut is always welcome. FYI I think the trd is £120.
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

Topdownman

Very few soilers available now but the odd secondhand one pops up.

Not sure if this one sold;

https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=69909.0
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Petrus

Mr2paul

Yes I saw that one , but tbh I can't see the point in a ducktail spoiler. If your going to have one then let it shout " I'm here everyone "  and then suffer the backlash. I park next to 2010 Astra and its absolute scrap, everything is broken in n out, also nx to a 2005 merc which is rusting away. Makes me smug that I only have minor bumper scuff 😀
I still want a spoiler, so should I go to mr2ben or not as I'm still unsure.

Gaz mr-s

Carolyn

Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Mr2paul

Hi Carolyn, ( hope spelling is ok lol ), my 2 is the light silver, haven't looked for code yet but it's on my to to do list. Glad your back and hope all is well. It's been shit for 2 weeks but I'm over things now so I want to crack on to improve my 2 for me,,,, tho it's great as is and is a great example but boys n their toys etc . 😊😊😊

Carolyn

Hi Paul

I have an engine lid in PFL silver (1D0) with a spoiler already on it.

it's a bit of a beast!

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.

Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

Mr2paul

Hopeful it's sorted now so thanks for help. Wow, what a great club. Thanks to Carolyn for helping with the best 2 in Yorkshire,,,, soon, lol

Mr2paul

And a big thanks to Gaz mr-s. Thankyou to everyone who helped in my search. Your such a great group tbh. Just wish I had the experience and knowledge of you guys but it will come in time maybe. I haven't seen another 2 in my area while she has been mine so are we rare now ?
I no in my f2 evolution days I would never see another but I thought mr2 roadster would be fairly common? Are we the last of a dying breed ?

Ardent

Quote from: Mr2paul on December 15, 2020, 22:13I haven't seen another 2 in my area while she has been mine so are we rare now ?
Exclusivity! For a bargain price. I love it. Wait till you get the double take from kids that have never seen one before, but still know and recognize its right.
A car, twice as old as them, but the styling still hits the spot.

Mr2paul

Tbh, I think your spot on their !!  Others have seen my car n say it's nice. I say , not bad for 19 yrs old.   No sign of her crumbling to bits so I'm very happy.. Apart from the usual. I'll post summat else about that subject right now. Can't sleep, a m8s mum has just passed so sad time 4 him.

Joesson

Quote from: Ardent on December 15, 2020, 22:42
Quote from: Mr2paul on December 15, 2020, 22:13I haven't seen another 2 in my area while she has been mine so are we rare now ?
Exclusivity! For a bargain price. I love it. Wait till you get the double take from kids that have never seen one before, but still know and recognize its right.
A car, twice as old as them, but the styling still hits the spot.

Best for me was a group of Japanese tourists photographed us / our 2 as we drove through a Cotswold town.

Petrus

A forum favorite with OEM fitted rear wing; for rally use thus none too high speed cornering.

Mr2paul

Horses for courses then, I don't like it or anything about it for that matter, now if it was bright orange with matching wheels with black trim it would be  lurrrvely lol

Petrus

Quote from: Mr2paul on December 17, 2020, 17:02Horses for courses then, I don't like it or anything about it for that matter, now if it was bright orange with matching wheels with black trim it would be  lurrrvely lol

Aesthetics and tastes apart, aero like that doés work.
Kyle engineers gives an example for a 900 kg car around the 100 km/h range being 16 km slower/faster cornering speed without/with. Not all that fast and a massive difference, hence Alpine disrupted the lines of their sleek gem.

Chilli Girl

Definite a forum favourite Petrus, well Scotte's and mine anyway!
Quote from: Petrus on December 17, 2020, 06:59A forum favorite with OEM fitted rear wing; for rally use thus none too high speed cornering.

Ex owners of Chilli red facelift 52 reg called Chilli, silver 55 reg called Foxy and blue pfl W reg MR-S called Sapphire. Now 2 less!

Tags: