Manky Rubber

Started by Zxrob, January 9, 2021, 22:02

Zxrob

Guys and girls

Have tried various things to tidy up/bring back to life the black hard rubber surrounds on the top of the doors/windows without success, they still look pitted and dull, anyone found a successful remedy

Rob
Adventure before dementia 😁

Ardent

possibly random post of the day.

but here goes. (caveat, it requires an element of trust me now, believe me later)
meguiars NXT metal polish. (removes the oxidisation etc)
Top off with plastic, vinyl or rubber care product of choice. OR! black shoe polish.

Mr2paul

Agree with Ardent tbh, tho a m8 is bringing me some German restorer stuff he swears by.
Learning is good. Failing to learn is not an option

Bossworld

Quote from: Mr2paul on January  9, 2021, 23:58Agree with Ardent tbh, tho a m8 is bringing me some German restorer stuff he swears by.

Gummi Pflege gets a good rep.

Joesson

Quote from: Bossworld on January 10, 2021, 10:06
Quote from: Mr2paul on January  9, 2021, 23:58Agree with Ardent tbh, tho a m8 is bringing me some German restorer stuff he swears by.

That sounds German enough to be the stuff!

Bossworld

Quote from: Joesson on January 10, 2021, 10:09

Entschuldigung ich, das 'Gummi Pflege' :D

Joesson

Quote from: Bossworld on January 10, 2021, 13:21
Quote from: Joesson on January 10, 2021, 10:09

Entschuldigung ich, das 'Gummi Pflege' :D

Reminds me of a story my older brother told me of his time in Germany just after WWII, some of the locals were very friendly!

Zxrob

Adventure before dementia 😁

Tags: