Upgrade From standard battery to Optima Yellow Top

Started by Anonymous, May 3, 2005, 15:30

Anonymous

I have an Optima yellow top, which is a deep cycle no leak battery, ideal for car audio applications.

Does anyone know if there is scope to upgrade the battery and anyone know if this battery in particular would fit in.

Don't have car yet so can't measure. The one I have is the D34 (iirc)

m http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/ ... specs.html m

Thanks

Stu

markiii

D51 will fit
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

Anonymous

Typical when I have another.

Thanks for that. Any possibilities of making the D34 fit, it's not as tall but an inch wider.

I will be replacing the big 3 cables with zero guage effort anyway so the cable that's there will be stripped out and better earth and power to be used.

It's just the mounting that concerns.

markiii

space wise I reckon you will be fine.

you'd get away with another inch side to side, or front to back

if side to side you have an issue that the plastic tray that sits between teh mounting plate and the battery isn't big enough. Seeing as teh optima is a sealed design though your probably ok without it.

if it's front to back you will need to fab a new battery clamp. And teh plastic bit woudl also have to be junked.

other than that should be ok.
Gallardo Spyder<br />Ex Midnight Blue 911 T4S<br />EX VXR220<br />Ex Custom Turbo 2001 Sahara Sun MR2 Roadster 269bp, 240lbft<br /><br />MR2ROC Committee 2002 - 2009<br /><br />

uktotty

Is there a specific model for the 2 or any Yellow Top 12v?

markiii

D51 is teh most exact fit

not sure if it's still available though

Tanya Batteries were teh best price when I got mine

uktotty

Cheers Markiii, they are still saying on optimas website that the 51 is the best bet, just wondered if the D34 55AH  would fit or something similar.

Tags: