Body kit ideas

Started by Smithy, October 11, 2021, 15:48

Smithy

I've been pondering a body kit recently or even a combination of different kits. Not looking at new bumpers just lip kits or spats and side skirts. I'm not looking for a radical change as I really like the way she looks at the moment however I really like the look that Topdownman achieved with different kits. I understand they take a bit of work to get them looking good.
Anyway I quite like the TR style that HZ do and the TTE/gb from glass fibre and the MR2 Ben TTE kits, but is there anything I'm missing out there? I'm just asking if anyone has some suggestions or advice as to the look that can be achieved and fitment. Many thanks   
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Scooby250

Hi, I have had 2 x tte gb style kits from glass fibre and they have been very good quality and near perfect fit. They do 2 different styles of kit for the roadster as well as other bits like diffusers and light conversion units
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

Smithy

Hi Scooby250, yes I think I'm leaning towards the front and rear spats and the TRC style side skirts from Nigel. Anyone have these or have most folk gone for the TTE replicas?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

jvanzyl

You could get one of the VM180 kits.. they're making them out in Thailand I think.

ayresyboy

I have a full TRD stage 1 kit in my garage if you're interested. Front bumper and side skirts genuine, rear bumper with custom diffuser and spoiler from HZ Altezza. All blue. Needs some tarting up but nothing a body shop couldn't swiftly fix. Based in Folkestone. Andy
SW20 Gen4 Turbo // SW20 1MZ V6

Smithy

03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Smithy

Hi all. Has anyone had a body kit painted recently and can give me a rough estimate of price. I will have front and rear spats and side skirts. Many thanks
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Scooby250

Hi Smithy I'm based in Essex and I use a guy in Southend to do my spraying.
His name is Adrain Cousins he is on the UK MR2 Roadsters owners forum on Facebook good prices and great paint finish
2005 Sable FL, 2zz engine, Cobra quad exhaust, Malian sports cat, TRD spoiler, tte/gb body kit, T-Sport Leather Seats, 17" Rial TX Alloys, Toyo Proxie TR1, KYB shocks and Tein springs

Smithy

Thanks @Scooby250 thats not far from me. I will get the kit and then think about a full paint job at some point
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

SuperArt

This was a few years ago but I paid near £700 for front spats, side skirts, rear spats and ducktail spoiler installed, sprayed and blended.
Best regards,
Arthur
Essex - "Always happy to meet up for a weekend drive"
Making demented squirrel noises since 2014
TTE "Turbo Dodo" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?msg=797148
TTE Turbo "Friday" - https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=73711.0

Tags: