Rear bumper inserts

Started by Microgerry, October 17, 2021, 17:13

Microgerry

Hi. I know that the rear bumper inserts are held in by clips but how do you remove them without any breakage? Does the bumper need to be removed before unclipping? I have a pfl car and want to fit later inserts. Thanks

Ardent

Will be easier off.

I think it could be done with the bumper on  but nappies would need removing if you have them.

Call the midlife!

Take your rear numberplate off and remove the rectangular cover plate behind it, you should then be able to get your hand in and reach the tabs. Be extra careful if it's cold as the plastic will be less flexible, you can always warm it up with a heat gun first.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Microgerry

Quote from: Call the midlife! on October 17, 2021, 17:50Take your rear numberplate off and remove the rectangular cover plate behind it, you should then be able to get your hand in and reach the tabs. Be extra careful if it's cold as the plastic will be less flexible, you can always warm it up with a heat gun first.
Excellent, thank you. Didn't want to remove the bumper unless I had to. I will give it a go.

Microgerry

It was a struggle! Job done without removing the bumper, though there was some swearing involved

Tags: