Japan Racing Alloy wheels

Started by tricky1138, March 18, 2022, 15:29

tricky1138

Anyone on here running Japan Racing wheels?

I've been offered a set of JR3 wheels at a tempting price but just wondered if anyone had used them before - dont recall them being mentioned before.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

shnazzle

Quote from: tricky1138 on March 18, 2022, 15:29Anyone on here running Japan Racing wheels?

I've been offered a set of JR3 wheels at a tempting price but just wondered if anyone had used them before - dont recall them being mentioned before.
@mulaz is very happy with his JR rpf1 clones and they look great. Nowhere near as light but then at least 1/3rd the price
...neutiquam erro.

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: shnazzle on March 18, 2022, 16:48@mulaz is very happy with his JR rpf1 clones and they look great. Nowhere near as light but then at least 1/3rd the price

I have a set of these, not on the car yet, in gold/polished rim. They are heavier than stock, but they are lighter than Rota GT3's, & the finish on them compared to MY Rota is miles better.

Be aware though that they don't come narrower than 7j (I think) & a 185 tyre doesn't look right on them.  The good news is 195/50's are cheap.

Company HQ is in Poland.   ::)

tricky1138

Hadn't realized Mulaz's wheels were JRs.

Will give him a message to see what he thinks about them.

And cheers Gaz. Food for thought. Yes when I looked on the website I could only see 7J too although the photos I've seen of the wheels have 185s fitted and look ok so maybe they are smaller.
2004 FL, Black, Matt Brace, Team Dynamics Monza R, Tein Springs, TTE Exhaust, heated black leather seats, black leather armrest,  Zunsport grills, Midship front badge,  TRD spoiler, Halo DRLs with LED fogs, large clear wind defector, Krissg kick panels,  small mongos.

shnazzle

What's wrong with 195?
Could barely tell the difference between 185 and 195.
...neutiquam erro.

tricky1138

Quote from: shnazzle on March 18, 2022, 22:21What's wrong with 195?
Could barely tell the difference between 185 and 195.

Nothing wrong with 195 for me. I've got 195 on at the min, and had 185 before that. As you say can hardly tell the difference.

The wheels I'm looking at have tyres on them and they are 185.

tatieu

I had JR3 in 7x15 & 7x16 with ET25.
I have had 195/205 and now 205/225.
For me, for the performance, it's better with Front 7x15, Rear 8x15 with 205/225

Tags: