My MR2's

Started by Gibla, March 29, 2022, 17:39

Gibla

Well for right or wrong I have 3 of 'em

Each is unique in its own way 8)

Superblue :- enough said
Black Fl :- has twin exit (through the bumper) exhaust. Recent complete suspension refresh.
Sable Fl :- dedicated hardtop only, soft-top removed completely. 

I will waffle on about the FL ones from time to time if anything crops up of general interest. 'Superblue' has its own separate thread 

stock 2001 Dark Green MR-S (6R4)
stock 2004 Black - repurchased from guy who bought yellow 'un

Gibla

Profuse apologies for single photos, my internet connection is woeful atm. (Mid -Wales has many not-spots still :-()

J88TEO

Looks like your parking lot can accommodate a few more  ;D

Gibla

Quote from: J88TEO on March 29, 2022, 20:12Looks like your parking lot can accommodate a few more  ;D

Pfft, there's only me who drives  :-[  the missus doesn't.

A 'sensible' # would be two overall,not 4 , but hey ho

TheTigerUK

I like your registrations and the space :)
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Gibla

Cheers @TheTigerUK , reg's v cheap at £250 (helps my aged brain to remember the #)

space:-  looking at the 1st picture, loads more round to the right-hand side, room for 5-6 at least, but dare not buy any more cars  ;)

J88TEO

Can I store the other 3 ( all 2s ) with you?

Gibla

Quote from: J88TEO on March 30, 2022, 10:25Can I store the other 3 ( all 2s ) with you?
Yeah why not? .....as long as you leave me the keys to drive 'em  :)

Gibla

Strongly considering selling the 48,400 mile '06 sable in the v near future, which has now had a soft-top of good quality reinstated - ps the hardtop roof is virtually sold. Details will appear soon enough in the For Sale thread, methinks it should have a value of ~£5500-£6500

Again for right or wrong I sourced a 'uniquely' coloured MR-S (my.2000) in forest green with green leather seats, (along with a 'wonderful' flip-up head unit that is a work of art) in decent condition, with 54k on the clock....this MUST replace the sable, or else I will be at 5 cars(4MR2 and a Suzuki Swift). 

The sable  has not been modified greatly- largely cosmetic wrt yellow mirrors,vents and bumper inserts < but will revert to stock
Aftermarket Speedline wheels < again will revert to stock oem , steering wheel + gearknob (Momo) < again will revert back to stock. Aftermarket JVC double Din may be left in ,but provide a purchaser with the oem unit that was replaced

Gibla

gave up trying to post any piccies, internet not playing ball (30 mins to get to 60% on the 1st pic)

Gibla

Gibla

Private plate (£250) purchased for the green car

Went into Hooligan Racing (Malvern) for a multitude of things that I thought appropriate for a largely unknown car that the previous owner reckoned the brakes needed 'looking at' to pass an MOT and had done very few miles in the recent 5 yrs

Things done:- major service inc swap out gearbox oil, engine flush, swap pas fluid, swap brake n clutch fluid

Brake caliper refurb(painted green), steel braided lines, brake discs n pads (f+r)

Suspension swap for Kyb shocks n springs

wire brush of t'under side

The only area of failure was trying to regas the ac.....the system has leaks somewhere, but will return to this issue again... later

MOT pass with no advisories, after an ill-advised test before anything had apparently been done that gave a sheet-full of major defects + advisories

Far from a low bill, but peace of mind that the car is as close to 100% as could be expected.

Gibla

Hopefully the green car will receive the following over the next month/2

1) Have hardtop fixings and sidestrikers installed to be able to accept a carbon-fibre roof

2) Instal DRL and yellow coloured mirrors + side vents removed from the (up for sale) sable

3) Midship Performance Style Bar

4) Full twin loop exhaust

5) Headlights(pfl) with yellow bulbs!! + tail-lights(fl) 

Adding to post #11 above this should will transform the functionality, desirability and yes somewhat its value

J88TEO

Gibla

Quote from: J88TEO on June  9, 2022, 15:05Source?

Tomasz for sure, had a part one installed on the blue one, except Toyosport manifold not a Tomasz one. Ab. fab. 

J88TEO

Aha...Tomasz!
Thanks.

Gibla

Sable car sold :-)

So instead of a ludicrous 4 MR2, it's down to a ridiculous 3 of 'em, but choosing to do a further cull would be incredibly difficult, as 'attached' to all 3 by now. 

carolineasb

We're at 3 but looking to get a MK2. Hubby says if we get another will have to get rid of one of the others but too attached to all 3 to choose which one has to go - the PFL silver with a hardtop but no AC and 06 heart, the fl black 04 reg with AC, the TF300 blue 56 reg but no AC
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

s12vea

Quote from: carolineasb on June 25, 2022, 14:34We're at 3 but looking to get a MK2. Hubby says if we get another will have to get rid of one of the others but too attached to all 3 to choose which one has to go - the PFL silver with a hardtop but no AC and 06 heart, the fl black 04 reg with AC, the TF300 blue 56 reg but no AC
Now that will be a tough Decision. Nice to have a variety and a mk2 is a very different car for the collection.
Another one won't hurt  .....

carolineasb

Definitely! One thing about the MK2s is that apparently, per my hubby, they have more room for his legs as he has arthritis
2006 (56) Blue TF300 (Newbie)<br />2001 (Y)  Silver (Oldie)
2004 (04) Black (The Inbetweenie)

Petrus

Quote from: carolineasb on June 27, 2022, 06:35Definitely! One thing about the MK2s is that apparently, per my hubby, they have more room for his legs as he has arthritis

Hmm.
Could be as the MR2 is a larger car but they same width the Mk2. wheelbase is júst that bit shorter. Also the Mk.3 has very modest centre console.

There are things he can take out to create room:
The plastic panel above the right knee (my left) can be easily removed. It only serves as vanity panel and hold the OBD2 socket, which can be stuffed behind the side kick panel.
The uprights, the brackets of the entertainment system, thus the entire console, can be removed without much ado. With the modern wireless blue tooth gadgets it is very easy to hook up the car speakers to the mobile phone.

But.... still a perfectly good ´reason´ to buy a Mk.2  :))  It ís a totally different, cool, car. The latter turbo quite a béast. Here is a tuned one for sale on UK plates
https://www.milanuncios.com/toyota-de-segunda-mano/toyota-mr2-452470908.htm

My appologies @Gibla, will stop derailing the thread about yoúr´s  ;)

Returning back to thát, I think you really should buy a Spanish ´national´ car with nó rust whatsoevvah  8)

Gibla

Getting there, exhaust reqd now to do all I'm planning to do here

J88TEO

Green!!!
Always liked that colour.
Looking good.

Gibla

Yet another addition  ???

Guy who bought the Sahara Sun (yellow) last year has only done 1k miles in it (+ bought a blue hardtop) is selling up as he has lost his lock-up garage.

This will only be a temporary addition as will sell on again ....even though only 45k miles and working a/c

it would be too difficult to sell one of the other 3 to keep this one

Petrus

Quote from: Gibla on August 13, 2022, 12:47Yet another addition  ???

More apt to change your name to Spyder-man  ;)

Tags: