TTE Duckbill fitting

Started by Hammond, April 28, 2022, 14:46

Hammond

I recently purchased a fibreglass reproduction of the TTE duckbill spoiler. I am happy with the quality and it shouldn't take a lot of work for the body shop to prep and paint. There are threaded bolts on the underside for the mounting. Does the OEM have similar? I have mocked up a cardboard template but I am keen to hear other peoples advice for when it comes to fitting it. Thanks in advance team :)

05' silver

Topdownman

Not got one myself but I am pretty sure the oem has them as you need to remove it to take the lights out. If you bond it, you need to at least partially remove the bumper to be able to take a light out.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Nvy

The oem has them too, I got a shop to fit mine and its slightly off center but nothing major :)

Hammond

05' silver

jvanzyl

Do yourself a favour and use butterfly nuts instead of the 10mm nuts to tighten it up.

Smithy

I like
Quote from: Hammond on April 28, 2022, 14:46I recently purchased a fibreglass reproduction of the TTE duckbill spoiler. I am happy with the quality and it shouldn't take a lot of work for the body shop to prep and paint. There are threaded bolts on the underside for the mounting. Does the OEM have similar? I have mocked up a cardboard template but I am keen to hear other peoples advice for when it comes to fitting it. Thanks in advance team :)

I would like one of those,where did you get it and how much please?
03 Astral black MR2 OEM+

Hammond

Quote from: Smithy on May 11, 2022, 20:52I like I would like one of those,where did you get it and how much please?

Sent you a PM :)
05' silver

Tags: