PBS front & rear brake pads now available for the ZZW30

Started by JB21, August 16, 2022, 14:27

JB21

PBS have been doing the rears a while now, but just found out they now manufacture the fronts to. In both track and race specs.

This is defo where I'll be going next given the price.

£250 for front and rear in race spec.

https://www.rhdperformance.co.uk/pbs-brakes-379-c.asp#/dffullscreen/query=ZZW30&filter%5Bbrand%5D%5B0%5D=PBS%20BRAKES&session_id=7722dcc5965c889c5be98d1b46f8d837&query_name=match_and

onenastyviper

I use EBC blue on front & yellow on rear and it works for me but almost every supplier I have spoken to is having problems.

How do these PBS perform on track?

Alex Knight

Quote from: onenastyviper on August 23, 2022, 19:12I use EBC blue on front & yellow on rear and it works for me but almost every supplier I have spoken to is having problems.

I had no problems with the Bluestuff on the front, but I melted and crumbled the Yellowstuff on the rear.

JB21

Quote from: onenastyviper on August 23, 2022, 19:12I use EBC blue on front & yellow on rear and it works for me but almost every supplier I have spoken to is having problems.

Not tried them yet. Currently using Carbotech XP10 front and Stoptech sport rear which works well. I defo need cooling adding though.

Ive also used EBC blue on front & yellow rear to good affect running semi slicks, they lasted well too.

Iain

May well give these a try, thanks for the heads up 👍

My yellows up front are almost done now, lasted ages though and would use them again but as mentioned above nobody seems to have them in stock. Spoke to gt4 play and the guy cant even remember how long they have been on back order its been so long!

You used stoptech on the fronts Phil? They were going to be my next try. I have some stoptechs for the rears waiting to be fitted and ideally would like to keep the same brand at both ends.

JB21

Quote from: Iain on August 25, 2022, 11:42May well give these a try, thanks for the heads up 👍

My yellows up front are almost done now, lasted ages though and would use them again but as mentioned above nobody seems to have them in stock. Spoke to gt4 play and the guy cant even remember how long they have been on back order its been so long!

You used stoptech on the fronts Phil? They were going to be my next try. I have some stoptechs for the rears waiting to be fitted and ideally would like to keep the same brand at both ends.

Not tried the stoptech sports on the front mate no.

threepot

Have you ran the PBS yet? What do you think? Price seems really good.

Was running yellow stuff I've completely eaten the rears in one 3S day and one oulton day. Metal on metal by 3pm at oulton. I'm getting 2 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts on yellows. Brake performance is good. Running AR-1's.

I too have just bought a set of the Carbotechs, but the pricing is quite strong for a regular consumable. If the performance and wear compromise is cost effective then it makes sense though.

JB21

Quote from: threepot on October 27, 2022, 08:49Have you ran the PBS yet? What do you think? Price seems really good.

Was running yellow stuff I've completely eaten the rears in one 3S day and one oulton day. Metal on metal by 3pm at oulton. I'm getting 2 sets of rears to 1 set of fronts on yellows. Brake performance is good. Running AR-1's.

I too have just bought a set of the Carbotechs, but the pricing is quite strong for a regular consumable. If the performance and wear compromise is cost effective then it makes sense though.

Not yet, purchasing the rears first as I have a day or 2 left on my XP10 fronts. Current rears are Stoptech sport and have lasted ages, around 6-7 full track days.

threepot

How long did you get out of the yellow rears compared to the Stoptech and Carbotech?

I also feel I'm braking to much, this is where the time goes. The chicken pedal in the middle  ::)

Need to do slow less and do more fast  :))

JB21

Quote from: threepot on October 27, 2022, 17:54How long did you get out of the yellow rears compared to the Stoptech and Carbotech?

I also feel I'm braking to much, this is where the time goes. The chicken pedal in the middle  ::)

Need to do slow less and do more fast  :))

Yellows lasted around 5 track days and had just under half left on them when removed. As you say less braking is the key, but it's easier said than done.

threepot

These little cars will go round corners at an incredible rate if you have a little faith and keep it smooth. At shell oils the other week I was pulling some actual noticeable G force; 1.73 G's according to the logger, cascades was getting pretty on it too. There's loads more in it too, slower corners are easier to commit to, its the fast ones that take some balls. Need to carry more in on old hall and especially lakeside - i'm chickening out there big time. When I watch the MR2 750 club guys, they are doing 2 minutes dead in a 1zz car  :o

JB21

Quote from: threepot on November  3, 2022, 14:17These little cars will go round corners at an incredible rate if you have a little faith and keep it smooth. At shell oils the other week I was pulling some actual noticeable G force; 1.73 G's according to the logger, cascades was getting pretty on it too. There's loads more in it too, slower corners are easier to commit to, its the fast ones that take some balls. Need to carry more in on old hall and especially lakeside - i'm chickening out there big time. When I watch the MR2 750 club guys, they are doing 2 minutes dead in a 1zz car  :o

Lap record at Oulton International for the 1zz 750 cars is 2:01.34 set just last month.

The difference with the 750MC guys is they dont need to drive there's home. I'd love to be in a position to go full on 10 tenths, but I just can't as its always in the back of my mind..DO NOT FU*CKIN BIN IT!!! I reckon with a bit of weight reduction to match the 750MC cars (1000kg w/driver) and a trailer in the paddock, I could pedal my 2zz around Oulton in a 1:56.

5s a lap quicker doesn't sound much for the extra 40-50hp but around Oulton 5s faster is a lot.