Would this exhaust mod adversely affect the performance at all ?

Started by TheTigerUK, October 25, 2022, 13:08

TheTigerUK

I am happy with the condition and sound of my OEM exhaust but I would like to see two end pipes sticking out from the bumper, looks sporty/cool IMO.

I was thinking of going to one of the exhaust shops and see if they could make me an extension as in my photo and use an original end pipe.

Possible a waste of time but......................

Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Petrus

Should work.
(with an extra hanger of course)

Depending on how easy you can find an identical end pipe, you may find it easier to have to have to new ones fitted.

Fingers crossed.

Topdownman

I went for one of Camil's custom twin pipe grille exhaust system (modified rear box).

Might be worth having a chat with him to see if he could do want you want?

https://t4cs.co.uk/shop
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

McMr2

If you're only considering it for looks...does it need to be connected? As in, just securely mount a convincing looking tailpipe stub in the correct place.

With the sketched arrangement there's unlikely to be much flow out of the tailpipe on the right anyway.
2004 Silver. Stock(ish).

TheTigerUK

Quote from: McMr2 on October 25, 2022, 14:44If you're only considering it for looks...does it need to be connected? As in, just securely mount a convincing looking tailpipe stub in the correct place.

With the sketched arrangement there's unlikely to be much flow out of the tailpipe on the right anyway.

I know what you mean but if it wasent connected it would in my eyes just be a bodge which I wouldent be keen on.

I would try and pick up a OEM box and remove the tail pipe so that it matched.

J88TEO

Quote from: TheTigerUK on October 25, 2022, 15:41I would try and pick up a OEM box and remove the tail pipe so that it matched.
ala...TTE?

Dev

Quote from: McMr2 on October 25, 2022, 14:44If you're only considering it for looks...does it need to be connected? As in, just securely mount a convincing looking tailpipe stub in the correct place.

I had a local friend that turbo charged his car which came with only one pipe. The installer of the turbo made a fake pipe welded to the exhaust metal. It worked and no one knew the difference.
Messing with the stock exhaust by making a hole in the other side might actually make it louder or change the pitch for the worst unless it is welded to the pipe that exits the exhaust.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: Dev on October 25, 2022, 16:00I had a local friend that turbo charged his car which came with only one pipe. The installer of the turbo made a fake pipe welded to the exhaust metal. It worked and no one knew the difference.
Messing with the stock exhaust by making a hole in the other side might actually make it louder or change the pitch for the worst unless it is welded to the pipe that exits the exhaust.

I would try to have it done as per my photo and the extra pipe welded to the end pipe not to the actual box.

Dev

Quote from: TheTigerUK on October 25, 2022, 17:02I would try to have it done as per my photo and the extra pipe welded to the end pipe not to the actual box.

Sorry did not see the image clearly before I posted. I would have it bifurcate higher up and pass the pipe  behind the back of the muffler. Either way a good exhaust shop would know the best way to do it so it is well supported.
 If you can find a Remus dual exhaust that would be the best way. That exhausts is a little louder but it sounds good and looks the part. That exhaust work money could be applied to that.

J88TEO

Quote from: Dev on October 25, 2022, 17:20If you can find a Remus dual exhaust
I have a TTE that need some welding on the flange that connects to the mid pipe, if yor are interested.

Dev

Quote from: J88TEO on October 25, 2022, 23:42I have a TTE that need some welding on the flange that connects to the mid pipe, if yor are interested.

Thanks for the offer. I think TheTigerUK might be interested but I think he is looking for a dual exhaust set up.

J88TEO

Petrus

Quote from: Dev on October 26, 2022, 00:26Thanks for the offer. I think TheTigerUK might be interested but I think he is looking for a dual exhaust set up.

The TTE is the one with nicely deep burbling sound and the weird internal pipe routing.

TheTigerUK

Quote from: J88TEO on October 25, 2022, 23:42I have a TTE that need some welding on the flange that connects to the mid pipe, if yor are interested.

Thanks, I wasent really looking to change the box just the "look" with twin exits.

Petrus

Quote from: TheTigerUK on October 26, 2022, 12:01Thanks, I wasent really looking to change the box just the "look" with twin exits.

Your idea will work for that.

J88TEO

If only for look, then yes.
The TTE back box sounds bubbly and wonderful!
Does it free up some horses - I don't really know.

Dev

Quote from: J88TEO on October 26, 2022, 08:55TTE has dual exit tips.

Sorry about that I was thinking of the TRD which I believe is made by Remus.
 There is a local member with a TTE and at the last meet people were very impressed with the sound.

Petrus

Quote from: J88TEO on October 26, 2022, 16:18If only for look, then yes.
The TTE back box sounds bubbly and wonderful!
Does it free up some horses - I don't really know.

It was doubted and later confirmed by a view of one cut open that it costs a few.

Tags: