Hardtop fitting problem

Started by deviantmr-s, November 13, 2022, 14:53

deviantmr-s

Has anyone had a problem putting their hardtop on? For the first time ever in many years, I cannot put my hardtop on... five out of the six points fall straight into situ.. the post and striker behind the drivers seat is about half an inch out behind the groove it should sit in. I have loosened everything I can to try and get a little movement, but to no avail. The hardtop has been stored correctly for many years, is it possible it has warped in some way? The hardtop has only been off this time for 4.5 months.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful, and before anyone mentions - yes the rear plates are on correctly. 😁

Thanks.
I am an artist - the track is my canvas, my car is my brush - 2003 2zz Island Green Supercharged

deviantmr-s

Sorted... a good few hits with a mallet on the post! Bolts were undone and I was unable to move it at all until hit with the mallet. So a bit bemused as to how in 4.5 months the post has moved. But all ends well. 😁
I am an artist - the track is my canvas, my car is my brush - 2003 2zz Island Green Supercharged

Ardent

I think it's telling you something.

Tags: