Buying from Autodoc

Started by Gaz mr-s, May 30, 2023, 21:07

Gaz mr-s

Has anyone made a sizeable purchase from Autodoc, - say £100?   Were you charged import duty?

MrChris

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on May 30, 2023, 21:07Has anyone made a sizeable purchase from Autodoc, - say £100?   Were you charged import duty?

I ordered 2 brake calipers and fluid for £150 from them in 2022. No import duty charged. I just assumed that's all taken care of.. perhaps naively? I've ordered various other bits over the years from them up to £100 and no issue.

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: MrChris on May 30, 2023, 21:43I ordered 2 brake calipers and fluid for £150 from them in 2022. No import duty charged. I just assumed that's all taken care of.. perhaps naively? I've ordered various other bits over the years from them up to £100 and no issue.

Someone on f/b has said similar.   Thanks

cptspaulding

Ordered about £500 of parts couple of months back. No additional taxes or duty (other than VAT).

The have a very good service whereby when you place your order & for a small fee of about £4 you can give them your VIN number & they will check the parts you order against the VIN number for compatability. If there are differences there they will offer something that is compatible. They will of course offer you their own brand but you can go back & suggewst brands you might prefer. I did this & got what I wanted (or what my mechanic told me I wanted  :)) )
Former owner 2003, 2zz conversion.

Call the midlife!

I never paid any extra duties etc BUT they sent the wrong parts and I had to pay for the return, which wasn't cheap but that's their policy and you agree to it when you make the purchase.
You can pay a one off additional payment to insure against return fees but I never used them again for that reason.
60% of the time it works everytime...

Joesson

My Autodoc purchases for bushes, ball joints, drop links and shock dust covers were under £100 but I did return the bushes, at no extra cost, as I had made the extra prepayment. That did work out OK. Delivery is rather longer than The next day often offered by other suppliers.
Would I use Autodoc again?  They do seem to have the parts othersdon't , so likely yes.

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: Call the midlife! on May 31, 2023, 08:38I never paid any extra duties etc BUT they sent the wrong parts and I had to pay for the return, which wasn't cheap but that's their policy and you agree to it when you make the purchase.
You can pay a one off additional payment to insure against return fees but I never used them again for that reason.

Interesting.... a bummer. 
I have used them in the past but usually find ebay is cheapest.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: Gaz mr-s on May 31, 2023, 09:16Interesting.... a bummer. 
I have used them in the past but usually find ebay is cheapest.
Long, drawn out email chain over the supply of wrongly listed parts, some top mounts for another car that were listed as having bearings but came without. 
Autodoc were adamant that because the parts would fit the vehicle they weren't the "wrong" parts and wouldn't pay for the return.
60% of the time it works everytime...

MrChris

@Gaz mr-s if you haven't ordered already, here's £10 off for you (disclaimer: I'll get £10 off too ;) ) - AC22858082

Gaz mr-s

Quote from: MrChris on May 31, 2023, 12:27@Gaz mr-s if you haven't ordered already, here's £10 off for you (disclaimer: I'll get £10 off too ;) ) - AC22858082

Very kind of you.

Tags: