New Audio Install - With PICS

Started by Anonymous, June 5, 2005, 19:27

Anonymous

Been very busy over the last few weeks. Here are a few PICs of my install.

First of all the Head unit is a Rockfod Fosgate head unit (Denon made it). I then upgraded the standard speakers to Crystal 6.5 inch comps and used the stock tweeter position. Lastly, I mounted a 6 channel amp in the bin beind the drivers seat, 4 of the channels run the front speakers as active. The last 2 channel will be bridged to run a single 10" subwoofer when the box is ready  s;) ;) s;)

kanujunkie

Looks like you've been busy Stew, nice one, how does it sound? and how big is that amp  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  not a chance of hiding that bugger, details?
[size=100]Stu[/size]
[size=80]rip - C2 chargecooled roadster
now Subaru Impreza WRX STi with PPP
ex committee 2004-2009[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "kanujunkie"Looks like you've been busy Stew, nice one, how does it sound? and how big is that amp  s:shock: :shock: s:shock:  not a chance of hiding that bugger, details?

So far mate it sounds bloody fantastic. The speakers really do pack a punch but then they are getting a clean 50 watts per channel of power.

The amp is mounted to a 12mm piece of mdf board, the leftovers from the speaker plates, and then it's capreted. The amp takes up the whole length of the bin, but that's fine, I don't really care about space as we have another car for shopping and things.

What the pictures show is the amp with the bin lid down, then the pic of the bin lid is the same side simply closed. To the outside world you wouldn't know there was a hulking big 6 channel amp in there.

I wanted the design to be hidden though and the door of the bin still shuts perfectly. The last thing I want is for preying eyes to see the goods.

When the sub goes into the other bin, that will be seen but still quite stealthy.

The crossover is underneath the amp and stuck to the botton of the mdf with duck velcro. When you lift the amp up, the mdf lifts and then you can tweak the F1 crossover, to get the power right and crossover frequency settings.

All in all it works really well. I did my best to limit any electrical interference and when the engine runs there is no alternator whine whatsoever. Really chuffed with the effort.

With a nice 10" sub it will just be the icing on the cake.

Tags: