Seat back removal

Started by GraemeW, March 4, 2024, 11:44

GraemeW

Seat removed and on bench. Read the over-simplified Toyota 3 line, 5 words instructions. Managed to get the plastic covers off with clips intact.
I have lifted the backm of the seat cover and removed the 3 hog rings which close the cover envelope. I can now see foam and more hog rings and elastic strap.
This isn't going to clear the cross bar as it stands, so the back can be lifted clear. What do I do next, please?
2006 Roadster in silver.

Topdownman

I did change my seat back and base once and it was a horrible job. I didnt manage to get it working properly but luckily I was going to T4 Customs for some work and he sorted it out for me as the seat back was not adjusting after my rebuild!

I think I watched some youtube videos to try to work out it out but they clearly did not work for me....

Good luck!
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Topdownman

If you are trying to remove the seat back from the base, it may help to see this picture (of a seat back, lying face down). You can see the tab that goes into the spring mechanism that pulls the seat back forward. This means that you need to pull the base sides apart to remove the seat back from the base (if that is what the problem is?).

"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Tags: