Head unit remote RM-X4S

Started by Anonymous, August 13, 2003, 16:17

Anonymous

Does anybody know how easy it is to fit the remote volume control etc to the steering column. I was thinking of buyin one but dont know if you need to get to toyota to fit it of if it is to instal it yourself???

Do u need a special lead ??? does it come with the remote?????

Cheers guys.

dancarbon

I've fitted one and it was pretty easy, worth taking some time over and making a good job of it though.

The remote comes with everything you need so there's no extra wires needed.

My tip: you have to drill 2 pilot holes for the base plate to be screwed into, obviously make sure the positioning is spot-on, but as the plastic shroud around the steering column is made of pretty soft plastic, you can use a drill bit to make the holes by hand, rather than trying to shove an electric drill in there.

Very handy little devices, I'd recommend fitting one.
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

Ditto Dan, piece of pish!

Do it!

--H--

Anonymous

Cheers guys,
Just oredered one 28 quid including delivery. lovely! does it come with instructions???  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

It very easy and is fully instructed. You may have to drill a couple of holes in the steering shroud when removed (they get hidden by the base of the controller, so don't worry), but it really is worth it.

I can thank Hardcore for persuading me to do it and I haven't looked back. VERY useful indeed!!!  s:D :D s:D

Liz

Buster fitted mine, no instructions on how to use it as I got mine by stealing it from my husband - took me a couple of mins to sort out.  However, mine is not fitted properly yet, Buster knows what I mean and that I am not dissing him! I need the rubber bit that goes around the back of it, anyone got a spare that they don't want??

Pretty please
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Anonymous

make the rubber bit yourslef Liz from a Bit of dynomat very small of corse and cut it to size i have some spare if you need it, this will act like the rubber washer thingy and stop it moving and creact a good seal as the dynomat is like a soft rubber !

Also i would try and get another screw in there somwhere, If you want the front speakers done then i will sort it out then if ya want   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

southend must be nice in this weather LOL   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Comer

Quote from: "stuart_telfer"Cheers guys,
Just oredered one 28 quid including delivery. lovely! does it come with instructions???  s:D :D s:D

Stuart do you know the part no. for this?

Cheers
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

See the thread title!...

Sony RM-X4S!

s:P :P s:P  

--H--

Comer

Quote from: "Hardcore"See the thread title!...

Sony RM-X4S!

s:P :P s:P  

--H--

Part No. in Toyota ordering speak not Sony model number  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Michael

Anonymous

I don't think there is a Toyota part number as it's not an optional Toyota part.

--H--

Comer

Quote from: "Hardcore"I don't think there is a Toyota part number as it's not an optional Toyota part.

--H--

oh   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Michael

dancarbon

Quote from: "stuart_telfer"Cheers guys,

Shopping around can find it a bit cheaper, sorry Stewart, nothing dramatic - fiver or so
2001 Black Manual Soft-top

Anonymous

FYI I got mine on eBay, brand new, for about £20 incl p&p.

--H--

Liz

Quote from: "Liz"I need the rubber bit that goes around the back of it, anyone got a spare that they don't want??

Pretty please

Found the rubber bit - stuck on the side of a box of 3.5" floppy disks whilst doing a desk clearout at home, now trimmed and fitted and the stalk is nice and firm now.....ohh err!  s:D :D s:D
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Tags: