More rattles.... sun visors now!

Started by Anonymous, May 31, 2003, 13:28

Anonymous

I had to tighten up one of my sun visors as it had come loose and the screws were almost falling out... now the passenger side is making a nasty rattle but the screws are not loose... anyone else had these rattle....?

Anonymous

I had a screw lose.     s:D :D s:D  

Then it dropped out of the passenger sunvisor. Is this another 2 quirk?
Screw working lose because of the body shake?

Comer

Yep a screw fell from the drivers visor on my car   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:    Also the interior light was loose just popped off the cover and tightened up the screw.

My latest one is an annoying one from the wind deflector.  I've got a Bama clear one on order so hopefully I'll sort out that rattle then.
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

just put a bit of lock tight on the screw should do teh trick   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

My car developed an annoying rattle the other week then my bro-in-law observed that the rear undertray was completely loose the one side.  Apparently, one of the retaining nuts had fallen out somewhere along the line and this had to be the cause.

Went back to Mr T who replaced the nut and checked all the others, some of which were not as tight as they could have been. There's about 8 fixings in total so if you develop that elusive rattle, check these out.

It cured the rattle anyway.

Slacey

As it happens, mine don't actually rattle, but I have ditched them and just ordered a set of plugs to replace them from http://www.knobmeister.com/VisorPlugs.htm as I never use them.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Comer

Just one step ahead of me Slacey.  I want them but I'm sure my other half's headaches will extend to the car if I remove the visors  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Anonymous

I thought about getting rid of the sun visors but then driving home from work yesterday at about 6:45 I remembered why not as I had to flip mine down to stop me being blinded!

Interestingly I noticed last night (after reading it on here) that my visors had come really loose too so I tightened up the screws and it seems to have got rid of one of the many little squeeks and rattles!

--H--

Anonymous

Buster does not have ANY of these problems...just turn ya music up!

Tem

Just get good sunglasses and you won't miss the visors  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Darth Paul

Mine worked loose two or three times. Araldite on the screw threads sorted it though.  s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Oh, and Teemu, you seem to have developed a boob fetish (not that there's anything wrong with that!), what with your avatar and the thread a few weks ago on SC.

Keep 'em coming...  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

DP

Tem

Quote from: "Darth Paul"the thread a few weks ago on SC

Ah...that was a great one, wasn't it?  s:) :) s:)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Darth Paul

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Darth Paul"the thread a few weks ago on SC

Ah...that was a great one, wasn't it?  s:) :) s:)

Particularly fine.  s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"just put a bit of lock tight on the screw should do teh trick   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Such a simple solution & it never even crossed my mind     s:? :? s:?

zud

I use the Buster method of rattle "prevention"... if you can't hear it above the music there's no rattle!!

I only checked my visors after reading this thread, and sure enough they were loose.  So I followed Slacey and removed them... looks great, makes it even easier to put the top up/down, and you can see traffic lights that used to be hidden.  They're staying off!

Slacey, did you get your inserts OK from the link you mentioned?
Blue SMT with leather, A/C and TTE Twin.

Anonymous

Am I missing something here?!  I can see traffic light perfectly well as my sun visors flip up when I don't need them, did yours not do that?!

I understand that it takes an extra second or two to drop the roof as you need to flip the visors down but I can spare the time in exchange for not being blinded everytime I drive at dusk!

--H--

zud

Fair enough.... they're not such absolute differences as my post probably made it sound, just minor things where the sum tips the balance for me:

I was tempted to reply along the lines of "am I missing something here... does the sun always happen to be right where the visor is when you drive at dusk"... but only to play devil's advocate!    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:   And of course there are times when the sun will be right there.  I'll have to make do with sunglasses, the same as those odd occassions when it's below the visor, and the more frequent occassions when its just above the window.

Above all, I just prefer the way it looks without the visors when the roof is down... so each to their own I guess.  And the weight saving might make up for one of my bellies!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

Quote from: "zud"and the weight saving might make up for one of my bellies!!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

see Hardcore, there is a plus point there... surprised you didnt think of that one!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I was all set, on my way home to get rid of the visors last week and by coincidence on that journey home I needed them as the sun was low and even sunglasses can't block out direct sunlight when the sun is right in your field of view!

Maybe I'll get a Max Muppet touring strip!...

--H--

Anonymous

Quote from: "Hardcore"Maybe I'll get a Max Muppet touring strip!...

--H--

you mean those really classy ones that are about 7 inches high... you will be fine as long as your car is not red... will look liek your driving a post box!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Anonymous

I could just paint my whole windscreen black and drive using 'the force'...

--H--

Anonymous

now hardcore... we all know only Darth Paul can do that!

Anonymous

He doesn't need to paint his windscreen though because...

Wait for it...

The dark side clouds everything.

s:? :? s:?  

I'll get mi coat...

--H--

Anonymous

oh dear.....!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:     s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

zud

Quote from: "Hardcore"I was all set, on my way home to get rid of the visors last week and by coincidence on that journey home I needed them as the sun was low and even sunglasses can't block out direct sunlight when the sun is right in your field of view!

--H--

I drove to work in Brighton for 5 years, and each Spring there'd be a  day or two where I'd reach the hill at the south downs and the sun would be rising directly in line with the road... it would shine straight down the bonnet, and you couldn't raise your head high enough to get the visor between you and the sun!!  As you say, sunglasses were no use... just slow down, aim at where you think the road is and change trousers upon reaching work!!

Tags: