Veilside Bonnet

Started by Anonymous, August 21, 2003, 18:32

Anonymous

Guys where do you gets these vents ? and dose anyone know whast involed in fitting them and prices.

they look very deep so i wonder if teh front black cover has to be removed for clearence

Anonymous

Quote from: "Buster"

Guys where do you gets these vents ? and dose anyone know whast involed in fitting them and prices.

they look very deep so i wonder if teh front black cover has to be removed for clearence

As far as I know you have to buy the whole VS hood.  It does nothing but let the rain in.

Anonymous

How amazingly pointless are they?  The car's engine is in the rear (middle, sorry) for heaven's sake!  s:) :) s:)

Anonymous

LOL

Not in southend its not eh buster   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

mph

Quote from: "phil4"How amazingly pointless are they?  The car's engine is in the rear (middle, sorry) for heaven's sake!  s:) :) s:)
The theortical point is allow the air intake to the radiator(s) to escape *above* the car rather than being forced out underneath. See an Elise for an example of the design.

Of course in our car this would mean in the least removing the plastic surround, and ideally adding ducting or other flow control to aid the airflow from the back of the rads and up through them.
[size=92]Martin[/size][size=75]
'06 Black MR2 Roadster
'03 Red Lotus Elise 111S
'01 Black MR2 Roadster SMT turbo[/size]

Tem

FWIW, you can get those scoops/vents from any tuning-store. They won't be labeled Veilside and you have to cut your hood and install them yourself. But then again, a pair of them only go for some 20-50 euros.

You can always have a Veilside sticker made with the $1000 you just saved  s;) ;) s;)
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Anonymous

You wont be able to buy JUST the bonnet from Veilside as they only sell their kits complete. I tried to purchase the spoiler & they told me to bollox but nicely  s:!: :!: s:!:   I put this on a previous thread somewhere.    s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

Have you asked MTTE ( w www.mrtwo.co.uk w ) Speak to Jase there and tell him James from MR2Racing sent you, he MAY be able to sort you a deal out as i have a discount scheme running with them.

Cheers

James.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"Have you asked MTTE ( w www.mrtwo.co.uk w ) Speak to Jase there and tell him James from MR2Racing sent you, he MAY be able to sort you a deal out as i have a discount scheme running with them.

Jase will often offer a discount to anyone from here, IMOC-UK or MR2DC. No special "schemes" are required.

Anonymous

Sorry to bust your bubble mate but the vents in the hood in your pic arent Veilside. See pic of my hood for the real thing.

It looks great cosmetically but just have to admit though it seems a bit pointless having the vents on the hood condidering engines in the rear/middle.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Sorry to bust your bubble mate but the vents in the hood in your pic arent Veilside. See pic of my hood for the real thing.

Well sorry to pop yours back but I know for a fact that it IS a VS hood and the pic is at a very "above" angle so you can't see the grills, the quality is also bad.    s8) 8) s8)  

I believe that very one is for sale on SC right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"It looks great cosmetically but just have to admit though it seems a bit pointless having the vents on the hood condidering engines in the rear/middle.
The point, if any, is to help cooling as although the engine is midship the radiator is of course still up front (as per the previous post).

Of course in reality the point is just to try and out do the Max Muppets down your local B&Q carpark on a Friday evening.

--H--

Anonymous

Not too bothered about outdoing Max Muppets whatever they are!

Just want my 2 to look different.

Ok Dummy you might be right about the grill, sos.

Anonymous

Quote from: "bluephoenix"Not too bothered about outdoing Max Muppets whatever they are!

Just want my 2 to look different.

Ok Dummy you might be right about the grill, sos.

I looked for the post, but couldnt find it.  I'm sure it is a VS but without the post can't check.

Anonymous

Quote from: "pmdye"
Quote from: "bigun007"Have you asked MTTE ( w www.mrtwo.co.uk w ) Speak to Jase there and tell him James from MR2Racing sent you, he MAY be able to sort you a deal out as i have a discount scheme running with them.

Jase will often offer a discount to anyone from here, IMOC-UK or MR2DC. No special "schemes" are required.

Alright geezer lol, i didn't know that, just knew about the conversation i had with him.

I stand corrected, Jase will Discount to all.........

*rolls eyes and thinks that's the last time i try to help anyone*

Anonymous

Quote from: "bigun007"*rolls eyes and thinks that's the last time i try to help anyone*

YEAH, stop trying to be so helpfull.... cor, all these people that post messages trying to save us money!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Anonymous

so it seams like i cant buy any part of the veliside kit seperatly so what do you do if you need a replacement part ?????

Anonymous

You have to prove that you have a kit fitted & then they will supply parts. Perhaps (im guessing) the kits have serial numbers. Hense I think our friends spoiler has just snapped    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

Wonder how much the replacement will be   s:?: :?: s:?:

Tags: