Dynamat - material of the Gods?

Started by Slacey, August 23, 2003, 15:57

Slacey

After one of my Focal's stopped working for the second time (first time loose connection at the crossover, this time loose connection on the speaker, due to the window catching the speaker wire), I decided that as I would have the door apart I would install the packs of Dynamat I bought.
Oh my god. What is this stuff, it's incredible! The sound from the speakers sounds as good an upgrade as my Focal's were over stock. The bass is increased no end, and even at high volume there is no distortion or rattles. And, as an added bonus, the doors now actually sound well built and road noise is decreased as well.
For anyone upgrading their audio, I would say this is an essential part of the process.
I'm off to deafen myself now....   s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Liz

Buster is fitting my focals soon and is bringing along the dynomat, can't wait now!! No more rattling doors and crumby sounding speakers!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Liz, you WILL be amazed at the difference.
Enjoy   s:D :D s:D

Anonymous

nice one sean as long as it soudns clear thast allt hat matters,

Oh and you must rag the bollox's out of your car as i have never had aby wires come out on me and i done your up very very tigth so that they woudn't   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

all you need to do now if get some Bass music   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Slacey

Quote from: "Buster"Oh and you must rag the bollox's out of your car
s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL! True though...   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

Quote from: "Buster"all you need to do now if get some Bass music   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
I was heavily into D&B for around 8 years, but reverted back to my first true musical love, rock. Funny how tastes change!

Anonymous

...same here (kind of!).  I was into D&B a long time ago as well.  Just recently I pulled out my LTJ Bukem 'Logical Progression Vol 1' CD and its been in the '2 ever since..!

Sundance   s8) 8) s8)

Anonymous

Dynamat weighs a ton.

Friends don't let friends add non-performance weight to a Spyder.

Slacey

Quote from: "Animal"Dynamat weighs a ton.
I'm sure I can sacrifice the equivalent of a couple of Mcdonalds for a nicer place to be (IMO) on my long trips.  I love my music and want it to sound good. Have you moaned at Ed yet, with his outrageously heavy   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  UD Sub?

Quote from: "Animal"Friends don't let friends add non-performance weight to a Spyder.
Hey, were not ALL as weight possesed as some!   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:

Liz

My dynomat is being purchased by Buster as we speak and being fitted tomorrow, I am not bothered about the weight issue, I like Sean spend alot of time in my car and normally I am only bothered by the stereo and constantly adjusting it so it sounds ok.  Sometimes at traffic lights I turn it right down because it sounds so crap that I am embarrassed by it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

Anonymous

arrrr how cute LOL   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

when im at trafic ligths and people stare at the car i put my full metal jacket cd on with speaking bit from the cornal about snow flake etc and it is very very funny to see peoples faces espically the older people LOL

oh and i leave blue for motorway driving when im on my own   s:oops: :oops: s:oops:   JOKE   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Comer

I want Dynomat too *spits the dummy on the floor*.  I've struggled to get the bloody door panels off my car  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:
Michael

Ex:    Black 2002 MR2 Roadster
Now:  Black 2002 Rav4 Cruiser

Liz

Michael if you fancy a trip to sunny Sarfend tomorrow, Buster is going to be here, I should run this past him first I suppose  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:  , but if you get your dynomat, I am sure that he could take the panels off for you. There are going to be at least 3 roadster around my house from 11.00 onwards, we could cruise down the seafront afterwards and have an ice-cream!  s:D :D s:D

Slacey

Wish I lived down South now, you guys get to have all the fun!

Anonymous

i dont mind micheal, or if you cant meet us phone liz up and i can talk it throught with you each step of the way   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:   but it would be better to come to liz's

Liz

Yeah come around Michael, only a few miles for you, I will even throw in some lunch for who ever wants to come around, and there is beer left from JAE!

Comer

Cheers Liz and Buster of course.  Liz could you pm your address and directions and I'll be there bang on the time you say.  Nice one  s:D :D s:D  

I'll stop off at Halfords to get my Dynamat in the morning.  Buster was it 2 of the Dynomat flat packs I need or 2 of the rolls of it??
Michael

Liz

Well thats 4 roadsters now - definiately a mini meet!

Tem

Quote from: "Comer"I want Dynomat too *spits the dummy on the floor*.  I've struggled to get the bloody door panels off my car  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

m http://spydermagazine.com/2000/Sept/doo ... panels.htm m

m http://spydermagazine.com/2002/Feb/dynamat/Dynamat.htm m
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Comer

Quote from: "Tem"
Quote from: "Comer"I want Dynomat too *spits the dummy on the floor*.  I've struggled to get the bloody door panels off my car  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

m http://spydermagazine.com/2000/Sept/doo ... panels.htm m

m http://spydermagazine.com/2002/Feb/dynamat/Dynamat.htm m

Thanks Tem, I had checked out one of those articles before.  The door pull surround seems really difficult to pull out (with the screw removed).  I feel like I'm going to break it if I try and force it.

I've had no problems with front an rear bumpers but door panels.....  s:roll: :roll: s:roll:
Michael

Tem

Quote from: "Comer"The door pull surround seems really difficult to pull out (with the screw removed).  I feel like I'm going to break it if I try and force it.

The door opener lever (the chromed one, hope you know what I mean) has a small "sticks" on both sides...and the surrounding has lil holes to match them. Just wedge a small screwdriver between the lever and surrounding and twist a bit. The "stick" will come out of the hole and it comes off easy.

...ARGH...hope you get what I mean, I seem to have forgotten half of my english words  s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Sure you can live without 500hp, but it\'s languishing.

Liz

Big thankyou to Buster for coming around today and fixing my speakers in, nice to see Michael as well who is the Dynomat kid  s:!: :!: s:!:  .  The speakers  sound the dogs doo dars and I am going out to play with the text feature on my new CD changer in a moment.

Not exciting pictures but here are a few

m http://groups.msn.com/LizMyers/shoebox. ... PhotoID=55 m

Anonymous

Quote from: "Liz"My dynomat is being purchased by Buster as we speak and being fitted tomorrow, I am not bothered about the weight issue, I like Sean spend alot of time in my car and normally I am only bothered by the stereo and constantly adjusting it so it sounds ok.  Sometimes at traffic lights I turn it right down because it sounds so crap that I am embarrassed by it  s:oops: :oops: s:oops:

To be fair the stock sound system in the '00 to '02 is quite good, its the sound proofing that makes is sound crap.  Sound proofing adds so much weight they just didn't bother with it.  I think if it had large amount as stock i'd have gotten rid of mine already   s:roll: :roll: s:roll:  

BUT DM is great stuff!

Comer

Quote from: "Liz"Big thankyou to Buster for coming around today and fixing my speakers in, nice to see Michael as well who is the Dynomat kid  s:!: :!: s:!:  .  The speakers  sound the dogs doo dars and I am going out to play with the text feature on my new CD changer in a moment.

Not exciting pictures but here are a few

m http://groups.msn.com/LizMyers/shoebox. ... PhotoID=55 m

Yep the Dynomat has made a big difference, many thanks for Buster's advice and handywork and Liz for keeping my greedy stomach happy!!

I'm a bit jel about the Focals though  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
Michael

Slacey

So, you two are pleased with the result then? I still can't believe the improvement!   s:D :D s:D  

Quote from: "Comer"I'm a bit jel about the Focals though  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:
I'm not.....   s:P :P s:P  

Bit underhand, that, sorry!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:

Liz

Quote from: "Slacey"So, you two are pleased with the result then? I still can't believe the improvement!   s:D :D s:D  

Amazing difference and I am told that the speakers loosen up after a while and sound even better, just found my instruction manual after turning the house upside down so going out to play now and annoy the neighbours, hopefully wake up the bratty kids who were playing near us today!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:

Tags: