Dynamat - material of the Gods?

Started by Slacey, August 23, 2003, 15:57

Slacey

Quote from: "Liz"...hopefully wake up the bratty kids who were playing near us today!!  s:twisted: :twisted: s:twisted:
Oooh Liz, that's mean.... *snigger*   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

Quote from: "Comer"I'm a bit jel about the Focals though  s:mrgreen: :mrgreen: s:mrgreen:

Why, what have you got?

J

Anonymous

So how much Dynamat do you need? It seems to be sold in 4 square foot packets - is that enough to do both speakers?

J

Chris

I would've thought that should be enough to do the whole door!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

See Tem's post further up with the link to the spydermag article...
[size=100]
2004 Maroon Lotus Elise 111R[/size]
[size=80]Ex 2004 Red 6sp MT TTE Turbo
Ex 2003 Astral Black 6sp SMT
Ex 2002 Lagoon Blue 5sp MT
[/size]

Liz

The dynamat in our cars is not done like on the links - ours has got it wedged in behind where the speaker goes to reflect the sound back out, I am sure that Buster could tell it in more technical speak!!
ex-TTE Turbo, now Freelander Sport, its not a car its a Landrover!

Slacey

Quote from: "Chris"I would've thought that should be enough to do the whole door!
I used two packs (the 4ft square ones), one per door - lined the door skin with strips as per Busters instructions and used an 8x8" piece to line the actual speaker area on the metal the MDF mounts too.
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

glad liz and micheal like the upgrades and hope that many more of you lot upgrade to focals YAY   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  

yeah use about a pack a door but if you like comer buy £60 worth of DM and make your doors sound like a brick wall   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:    s:wink: :wink: s:wink:  

good effects tho as comer will admit   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:

Tags: