Attn: Buster - Cause of speaker problems

Started by Slacey, August 24, 2003, 11:01

Slacey

I did try to PM you this, but it doesn't seem to be working...

Hi Dave,
Just to let you know what caused the loose terminal problem - where the wire runs on the inside if the door at the speaker end then feeds out along the door front to the crossover, there was a bit of slack inside the door behind the speaker. Looking down the inside of the door, you can see a rubber stopper attached to the window glass (to limit how far it goes up I assume) - this was catching the wire and pulling it as the window went up / down, pulling the terminals out.
All I have done is take up the slack to the outside of the door and taped it down so that it won't slip back in.
I hope this makes some sense, might be something to watch for when you do others!

Sean
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Anonymous

got the pm sean no worries have sent pm back

but so you lot know i have noticed this before and when running thicker cables i run my own which dose'nt go throught the holes that this speaker wire gose throught when using Mr T cables it all has to go throguh slected holes which are tigth and run close to the electric window operation

but its all sorted now at least it gave yuo practise at taking the door pannels off!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL

Slacey

Quote from: "Buster"...but its all sorted now at least it gave yuo practise at taking the door pannels off!   s:lol: :lol: s:lol:  LOL
It certainly did! But, there is an advantage - if anyone in the Midlands area needs help with installing a new H/U, speakers or Dynamat, I'm more than willing to help now I am nearly an expert in this area, fully Buster trained, too!   s:wink: :wink: s:wink:
Ex 2002 Black / Red Leather Hass Turbo

Tags: