Wheels (Post pics of your wheels here)

Started by markiii, February 9, 2006, 19:09

Topdownman

I would imagine any aftermarket wheelnuts of say, ebay, would work (obviously need to be the right thread for an MR2) as they will be the tapered ones.

Usually stock wheels have a radius curve but ours are flat but either nut is considered dangerous to use with an aftermarket wheel as there is not a full contact patch if the 2 are wrong and can come loose..

When I fitted my aftermarket wheels I bought a set of nuts off ebay for about £20 I think.
"Racing" tax disc holder (binned), Poundland air freshener, (ran out), Annoying cylinder deficiency,  (sorted),
Winner of the Numb bum award 2017
Readers Ride

06 not V6 readers ride

Hext007

Wheels are Ronal R53's
6x15 front
7x16 rear
Both ET38
Fitted with Falken tyres, 195 50 15's, 215 45 16's

Petrus

Petrus

Quote from: swandez on February  4, 2017, 20:23
Some epic looking 2's on spyderchat in the US, seems the "Roadster" UK scene steers away from a good drop on coilovers, the 2 looks so much better around 40-50mm drop over stock & 30mm springs. Bit of a shame with zero arch gap and a decent amount of poke they can look pretty epic!

Imho it is more of a compliment to EU side drivers than anything else.
Lowering may lóók better, dríving wise it does not come without downsides.
Apart from the obvious reduction of ground clearance not everyone can get away with, it changes the geometry and the suspension needs to be stiffened up which does not improve roadholding on most real world secondary roads.

toyoda

Quote from: Anonymous on July 14, 2007, 00:39My new wheels
!6inch Team Dynamic Tornado all round  with Toyos

What do you think?
I think they look good.

Anybody have any pictures of bronze colour wheels on a Spectra Blue car?  Ta. :)

mr9

Keen on getting some bronze wheels for my grey roadster now it's got the power it deserves.
Anyone know what these wheels are? Trying to work out what they would look like on a standard car without a bodykit and huge spoiler.
I'm also having to put my plans to lower it on hold as my flat has the largest kerb I've ever seen and then a ramp down to the garage, so that would look different too.

EDIT:  Found the original image source https://www.spyderchat.com/media/wedsport-tc-005-17x7-5-front-17x8-5-rear-0-offset.317/

sr2223

Quote from: mr9 on February 11, 2021, 08:41Keen on getting some bronze wheels for my grey roadster now it's got the power it deserves.
Anyone know what these wheels are? Trying to work out what they would look like on a standard car without a bodykit and huge spoiler.
I'm also having to put my plans to lower it on hold as my flat has the largest kerb I've ever seen and then a ramp down to the garage, so that would look different too.

EDIT:  Found the original image source https://www.spyderchat.com/media/wedsport-tc-005-17x7-5-front-17x8-5-rear-0-offset.317/

they might be Japan racing wheels?

mr9

Bronze FL OEM on sable grey:

OZ superleggeras 15" all round:

mr9

Tags: