Side vents replacement clips

Started by BARNPOT2000, October 28, 2021, 10:38

BARNPOT2000

TF099 silver

Ardent

Would like to revisit the drains just a a precautionary move.
Might just get a few in anticipation of losing breaking a few.

BARNPOT2000

Quote from: Ardent on October 28, 2021, 13:02Would like to revisit the drains just a a precautionary move.
I decided to replace all the clips as the old ones seemed brittle. Hoping the new ones might allow slightly easier removal in the future, also covered them in vaseline to hopefully aid future removal.
TF099 silver

BARNPOT2000

Photo of the original clip beside the replacement, pretty good match I think, the washer on the new may even be an improvement. You cannot view this attachment.
TF099 silver

fawtytoo

Quote from: Ardent on October 28, 2021, 13:02Would like to revisit the drains just a a precautionary move.
Old thread, but still relevant. I've just purchased some to replace the old clips. One broke last time I was attending to the drains. I have even toyed with the idea of modifying the vents so they bolt on.
"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

ruud2boy

I've tried prising the side-vents off (carefully) but without success so far. I'm wary of the actual vent giving way before the clips do, which knowing my luck is eminently possible. Am I worrying unduly?

Carolyn

Quote from: ruud2boy on March  1, 2024, 16:33I've tried prising the side-vents off (carefully) but without success so far. I'm wary of the actual vent giving way before the clips do, which knowing my luck is eminently possible. Am I worrying unduly?

Get some plastic levers and go for it.  They are are surprisingly tough.  Every time I take mine off I cringe, but they always seem to survive intact.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

fawtytoo

"My name is not important" - Slartibartfast

Tags: