ECU Master Black Maps

Started by AJRFulton, March 14, 2023, 11:45

Call the midlife!

Did you invest in the Bluetooth data logger? It came with the package on mine and it's quite handy to just take the card out and download the logs to your computer for looking at later (or sending to your favourite tuning geek to look at-no disrespect to ANY of the geeks reading this, my own geek of choice knows I'm only messing 👍🏻).
60% of the time it works everytime...

AJRFulton

Quote from: thetyrant on March 16, 2023, 11:58Ok hopefully map is good enough to get it started :)  happy to come and tinker if needed.

As CTM says above it might be an idea to learn a bit more about this side of things with a course or if your mapper will give you the basics maybe, in my opinion having no interest in learning the tech and hoping its just going to work perfect once mapped with an aftermarket ecu will bite you and cost you lost track time maybe even an engine, for example last thing you need at a race meeting is to be stuck with a non starter/poor running etc due a slight ecu gremlin and not being able to access it at the track to reset a sensor etc or see why its not running right etc, unless your mapper is always at the track ?.

In my experience standalone aftermarket ecus especially the ECUmaster stuff are not solid bullet proof tech you can fit,map and forget, often needing a tweak here and there to keep everything working especially on a highly strung motor like this,  be good for you to at least get familiar with the basic software structure and data available from it when powered up in the car etc so you can see whats going on to troubleshoot if needed, or if you dont want a part of that a laptop with you at track and able to use teamviewer or other desktop sharing software so you can get remote help if your mapper is good with doing that.

Good luck with it all though and hopefully you finally get to try our pads :D

Yeah, I'm really keen to try the pads. Had them 12mths and still did nothing more than freewheeling!

I will do a bit of basic learning. Having a laptop there are plenty people around the paddock who can help, if I can learn the basics myself.

Just the time resource to learn things. I'm juggling a lot just now. Between the day job, commuting, building a house, post-grad course, the car, other misc commitments, converting a camper van. I'm 100+hrs a week.

Alex Knight

Quote from: AJRFulton on March 16, 2023, 13:35Yeah, I'm really keen to try the pads. Had them 12mths and still did nothing more than freewheeling!

I will do a bit of basic learning. Having a laptop there are plenty people around the paddock who can help, if I can learn the basics myself.

Just the time resource to learn things. I'm juggling a lot just now. Between the day job, commuting, building a house, post-grad course, the car, other misc commitments, converting a camper van. I'm 100+hrs a week.

You have spread yourself way too thin my friend.

Something has to give, that's unsustainable.

AJRFulton

Quote from: Alex Knight on March 17, 2023, 00:27You have spread yourself way too thin my friend.

Something has to give, that's unsustainable.

Absolutely. Just how it is at the moment. It will get better.

Going into the last 6wks of this diploma and my work being in a 8wk maintenance outage (working 6 x 10.5hrs). Middle of next month we get back to manageable levels.

Plus side with breaking my back, whilst it has pushed the physical todo list 4-5mths backwards - I got well ahead in the course work.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: AJRFulton on March 17, 2023, 10:54Absolutely. Just how it is at the moment. It will get better.

Going into the last 6wks of this diploma and my work being in a 8wk maintenance outage (working 6 x 10.5hrs). Middle of next month we get back to manageable levels.

Plus side with breaking my back, whilst it has pushed the physical todo list 4-5mths backwards - I got well ahead in the course work.
Standard "man maths" attitude, "plus side to breaking my back"...😂

AJRFulton

She is starting now.

Unlike the Apexi, I've had to bypass immobiliser as fuel pump wasn't coming in.

Lots of idle issues until warm. But she is working.

I've a day off tomorrow, and I'm devoting it to getting this ready.

AJRFulton

How does the immobiliser actually work?

Does it just kill the fuel pump?

Couldn't get car started until I ran a direct wire from pump to battery. This in itself isn't as issue, as can integrate it into the kill switch. It just means an extra wire.

It wasn't a problem with the Apexi, but this does seem to be an issue with ECU Master.

I don't have a OEM ECU to install, although can pop down and see JSpec for a loan if need be.

Call the midlife!

Quote from: AJRFulton on March 19, 2023, 10:16How does the immobiliser actually work?

Does it just kill the fuel pump?

Couldn't get car started until I ran a direct wire from pump to battery. This in itself isn't as issue, as can integrate it into the kill switch. It just means an extra wire.

It wasn't a problem with the Apexi, but this does seem to be an issue with ECU Master.

I don't have a OEM ECU to install, although can pop down and see JSpec for a loan if need be.
It's an odd one because one of the features of the Black and the RRR loom is that it retains all the workability of the immobiliser system. Could be a wrong pin out on the loom ?

Mark A

Have you checked/buzzed the outputs from the EMU? I seem to remember needing to do this to check the correct assigned outputs, vvtli engine mil etc

Tags: