Where has Threepot gone?

Started by JB21, March 27, 2023, 13:48

JB21

He's totally disappeared from the forum, old post as well?

Call the midlife!

He didn't agree with some moderations and asked for all traces of him to be removed from the forum, all his posts etc.
So the committee did as they were asked.
60% of the time it works everytime...

JB21

Quote from: Call the midlife! on March 27, 2023, 14:09He didn't agree with some moderations and asked for all traces of him to be removed from the forum, all his posts etc.
So the committee did as they were asked.

Fair enough.

Alex Knight

Shame though. I liked the cut of his jib.

JB21

Quote from: Alex Knight on March 28, 2023, 10:58Shame though. I liked the cut of his jib.

Very knowledgeable guy as well, and helped me a few times. Hopefully see him at Aintree next month.

Iain

Met him at Oulton back in January on a freezing cold day. Really nice guy and we had a very good chat about all things MR2.

I do think things often come across on forums as they weren't intended.

JB21

Quote from: Iain on March 28, 2023, 12:46Met him at Oulton back in January on a freezing cold day. Really nice guy and we had a very good chat about all things MR2.

I do think things often come across on forums as they weren't intended.

I always thought he was an old man until I seen him on one of his YouTube videos, he's younger than me at 42  :))

Call the midlife!

Just to be clear, from the club side of things, various conversations were had with him about the forum and its history and general, historical methods of operation and engagement.
I'm not aware that at any time he was actually removed from the club, full stop, by the committee.
I would agree that he brought a lot of good things to the community in terms of his apparent knowledge and willingness to help other members and the committee kept that in mind at all times, particularly when there were active threads ongoing that he was contributing an amount of help to.
At the end of the day it was his request, for whatever reason and it was fulfilled, he might be back at some point but that's as much up to him as it is the club.

Dev

From my recollection he was temporarily banned during the dispute when I checked his profile and then he made a new account to get back on which is not a good move in my opinion. After that all of his posts were removed. Did he asked to get banned. 
Not that I am speaking on his behalf because I do not know what exactly transpired because it's not very clear. Was there any personal attacks? As in name calling. Was there any violation of rules? Was it a subjective decision based on a member having a disagreement on the rules making trouble.

Gaz2405

I really liked the guy.

He just seemed to inadvertently rub some people up the wrong way.

From what I saw I didn't think he over stepped any lines, just spoke his mind.

He was clearly educated and eloquent enough to converse properly, just the club rules didn't seem to suit.

He did ask for all of his content to be deleted if the committee felt that strongly about it.

Just a shame really, seemed a top bloke and was breathing a bit more new life into the forum.

Nevermind.

*I'm obviously not privy to what went on via PM to anyone*
1zz turbo. Home built and home mapped.

Now 2zz turbo. Home built and home mapped

Build thread https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=67004.0

Call the midlife!

I've already devoted more of my working day to this subject than I promised myself I ever would again, as a courtesy to the members asking.
So I'll make this MY last on the subject.
The hows and whys are a private matter between Threepot and the people he spoke privately to, I can't comment on that nor would I.
As far as I can remember all my interactions with him were public and already overly discussed on repeat.
Changes have been made, maybe more need making, that'll be something for a new committee to work on and put to the membership.
Until then if members don't want to stick to what rules there are in place, for whatever reason, then they can choose not to and as has been said many times of late there's very little can be done about it.

Dev

I am going to surmise that it must have been something disrespectful that occurred in the PMs that shouldn't be repeated.

Bernie

All I would add is that we have very few rules and the ones in regard to selling are there to protect all parties, from what I saw in public posts he made he disagreed with offers had to be made in open forum, wanted sales to be a "free for all" and appeared to have sold by PM

As to PM's they are private and not for discussion but "read between the lines" and I personally hope Carolyn remains with us

He chose to move on and wasn't banned

Over and out
Black 2004  N/A  Many Mods = 171BHP 
2019 & 2021 MR2DC National Day Modified Best in Class
Readers Ride
https://www.mr2roc.org/index.php?topic=56481.0

Dev

Quote from: Bernie on March 28, 2023, 16:29All I would add is that we have very few rules and the ones in regard to selling are there to protect all parties, from what I saw in public posts he made he disagreed with offers had to be made in open forum, wanted sales to be a "free for all" and appeared to have sold by PM

As to PM's they are private and not for discussion but "read between the lines" and I personally hope Carolyn remains with us

He chose to move on and wasn't banned

Over and out

Thats all that had to be justified but I think it should have been clarified to the members because it looked terrible the way it was handled from an outside perspective. There are others that are his friends and they should know what happened to him good or bad but not ambiguously. For the record I am not one of them as he rubbed me the wrong way but that is not what its about. 

As far as being banned I seen it with my own eyes that his profiled reflected being banned which had an expiration date when it all went down. When I searched his posts I seen that he had an opinion or disagreement but nothing that warrants banned from the rules as I understand them unless it was already moderated. He then made another account in protest. Did he make it appear that he was banned for sympathy by manipulating his profile? If so it speaks volumes to his character.

jvanzyl

I'm just sad that we don't get to vicariously participate in the first AR series swap on this side of the pond..

TheTigerUK

I'm a admin on a watch forum and occasionally for whatever reason a member will say he is leaving the forum and would like all his input removed from the forum.

In our rules it does state that all content remains the property of the forum and if you leave the forum your input remains, we will not delete it under any circumstances.

The only input I will remove is if it was against any of the rules.
Say it with love, say it with flowers but never, never, say it in writing.

The idea is to die young as late as possible :)

Tags: