Working blind!

Started by GraemeW, January 20, 2024, 16:06

GraemeW

I apologise if I am posting this is the wrong section. I did a search but didnt find what I was looking for. Workshop manuals and repair guide: I don't like the idea of tackling jobs without getting some backgound from a manual. My current worry is that I can't see a solution to a manual without either paying an arm and a leg to buy something from the States or using the Toyota on line resource. Probably needed for a 2005/6 car. Theother day there was a couple of official pdf downloads at around £18 - £30 which all came from the same company but I wondered what the differences were. Any advice welcome please!
2006 Roadster in silver.

Carolyn

Those manuals will be knock-off copies of the Toyota workshop manuals, which are very expensive to buy. There's so little salient differences that any manual will suffice for the vast majority of jobs.

The online PDFs are undoubtedly useful but they are in violation of Toyota copyright, so tread carefully. 

Our 'How To' section covers most of the common jobs that you are likely to do.

You can get access to the official manual online for a small fee and you can download the bits you pay for.
Perry Byrnes Memorial Award 2016, 2018.  Love this club. 
https://www.mr2roc.org/forum/index.php?topic=63866.0

GraemeW

The made supply of printed manuals seems to come from the States. Quite expensive, and then you add delivery (which seems for be around £60 plus, presumably VAT and duties on top!).
I guess the best option is to download as needed from the Toyota site. Is that organised one page at a time or as subject groups like "steering"? I need to have a look.
2006 Roadster in silver.

Ardent

@GraemeW
May or may not be of use depending on what you are looking for.

https://charm.li/Toyota/2005/MR2%20Spyder%20L4-1.8L%20%281ZZ-FE%29/

Edit.
Credit for original find by @TheTigerUK

GraemeW

2006 Roadster in silver.

Jay

If anyone gets properly stuck I've a small collection of Toyota manuals I can photograph pages from

Obviously don't fancy getting the forum in trouble with copyright issues of course.

You cannot view this attachment.

ruud2boy

Quote from: Jay on January 27, 2024, 19:20If anyone gets properly stuck I've a small collection of Toyota manuals I can photograph pages from

Obviously don't fancy getting the forum in trouble with copyright issues of course.

You cannot view this attachment.

'A small collection'!! Love it!  ;D

paulj

I got a full set of workshop manuals direct from Toyota Europe at https://www.toyota-tech.eu/.  They are protected behind a subscription wall but there is a option for a cheap route if you want it.  You can sign up for subscription per hour if you want, just a few euro per hour.  Once in you can download and save any thing you want.  Copies saved to your system are allowed to be used by you within the copyright.  The downside is that the site splits the manual into sections and subsections with each being a separate pdf.  If you download like crazy I managed to get the whole lot of pdfs in three hours. 
Today
2000 x reg pfl - blue - as original no mods
In the late 1980's
1982 x reg Toyota Corolla Liftback Coupe (also blue)
1978 s reg Mitsubishi Celeste Coupe (yellow)

Tags: